After installing and run Docker Desktop, the localhost home page is not working
Posted by: apple.r (---.4.233-157.dynamic.3bb.in.th)
Date: December 08, 2022 01:16PM

Hello,

I have a question regarding the localhost homepage from Wampserver 3.2.9. I install Docker Desktop and DevKinsta then I try to run them. However, it won't work on my computer so I uninstall them and restart my computer(Windows). After restarting my computer, I visit "[localhost"]; as normal but it shows the list of folders from the "www" folder only. It shows "Index of /", name, last modified, size, and description fields on the localhost page. However, PHP, Apache, MySQL/MariaDB, and virtual hosts are working. The Wampserver icon is green.

I found Docker adding some config in hosts file and I delete them and restart Wampserver. I am wondering that can I have the localhost homepage back.

Thanks,
Apple

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: After installing and run Docker Desktop, the localhost home page is not working
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: December 08, 2022 02:31PM

Hi,

> but it shows the list of folders from the "www" folder only. It shows "Index of /"
This means that there is no longer a wamp(64)\www\index.php file

- Verify that all VC ++ packages are installed and with the latest versions.
To do this, use the tool:
Checks VC++ packages installed
Do not use a previously loaded tool. Make a new download to make sure you are using the correct version.
To download missing packages, do not rely on Microsoft links, they are not reliable, download packages on http://wampserver.aviatechno.net in section Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages
Do not forget that if you have a 64 bit Windows, you must install both 32 and 64 bit versions of each package.
You must install each package "as an administrator", so right-click the exe file and then run as Administrator.

- Even if already applied, apply Update 3.3.0 to your version of Wampserver
Wampserver update 3.3.0

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Re: After installing and run Docker Desktop, the localhost home page is not working
Posted by: apple.r (---.4.219-157.dynamic.3bb.in.th)
Date: December 16, 2022 03:16PM

Thank you so much. I don't realize the index.php is missing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.