Some problems with Wamp64
Posted by: youngros22 (185.80.79.---)
Date: September 25, 2022 05:51PM

I installed the latest Wamp64 to Windows10 home, works perfectly with my Drupal9 installations, including using Composer.

Tried to install TNG Genealogy software, runs on webhost but couldn't copy to local so tried to install a fresh copy but it hangs.

Lots of reading and I checked for the Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages via the Wampserver site, and installed as administrator those that were missing and also updated Wampserver. Restarted the PC and Wamp and nada. Drupal 9 sites all still working.

I would really like not to have to reinstall but is that my only option?

Thanks Rosalind

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Some problems with Wamp64
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: September 25, 2022 06:29PM

Hi,

For all local sites, you must use the VirtualHost, as with your host and indeed with all hosts.
You don't realize that you are using a VirtualHost at your host because it is your host who has done all the work to create the VirtualHost.
See:
- 1 The need for Virtual Host
- 2 Wampserver 3 - Create or add a VirtualHost

On the one hand, the url between the real sites and the local sites can not be identical, it is often necessary to modify configuration files and / or databases to replace the basic url after transfer between real and local.

On the other hand, it is also necessary to look at the configurations of the PHP and MySQL versions that are supported by the CMS that you want to use locally.

See also How to use Composer with Wampserver

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2022 06:31PM by Otomatic.

Posted by: youngros22 (185.80.79.---)
Date: September 25, 2022 06:52PM

Thank you.

That half works. The site that I downloaded from the webhost, I then added the virutal host and that now works. It didn't before I installed the Visuall C++ packages.
Unfortunately with the fresh install that still hangs.

I did follow your instructions to install Composer and it's working fine, thank you.

Interestingly Drupal will work with or without virutal hosts.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: September 26, 2022 08:50AM

Hi,

> Unfortunately with the fresh install that still hangs.

What do you mean by "hangs"?
What is the error message?
See also the php_error.log and mysql.log files

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.