Update wampserver 3.2.9 causes problems with mysql setting sql mode default
Posted by: Greby (---.mbb.telenor.rs)
Date: September 08, 2022 12:41AM

When I update wampserver to 3.2.9 and mysql to 5.7.39 and set mysql to sql mode default mysql stops working. In the check state of services, it reports an error: The service 'wampmysqld64' is NOT started, EXIT error code 0. That problem remains even if I choose any other version of the mysql database after that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Update wampserver 3.2.9 causes problems with mysql setting sql mode default
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: September 08, 2022 11:32AM

Hi,

After installing the MySQL 5.7.39 addon, the SQL mode is set to STRICT user mode with, in the my.ini file :
; Set the SQL mode to strict
;sql_mode=""
sql_mode="STRICT_ALL_TABLES,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_ZERO_DATE,NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER"

After switching to default mode:
- Left-click -> MySQL -> MySQL Configuration -> sql-mode -> sql-mode by default

there is indeed a problem because the my.ini file becomes :
;sql_mode=""
sql_mode = default

Edit the file by hand to get :
;sql_mode=""
;sql_mode="STRICT_ALL_TABLES,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_ZERO_DATE,NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER"
then restart Wampserver: Right-Click -> Restart from zero

Will be fixed in the next version Wampserver 3.2.10

As a reminder:
- MySQL user mode:
;sql_mode=""
sql_mode="STRICT_ALL_TABLES,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_ZERO_DATE,NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER"
- MySQL default mode:
;sql_mode=""
;sql_mode="STRICT_ALL_TABLES,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_ZERO_DATE,NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER"
- MySQL no sql_mode:
sql_mode=""

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wampserver 3.2.10 32 bit - Apache 2.4.54 - PHP 8.2.0…5.6.40 - MySQL 5.7.39 - MariaDB 10.5.13/10.6.5
Wampserver 3.2.10 64 bit - Apache 2.4.54 - PHP 8.2.0…5.6.40 - MySQL 5.7.39/8.0.30 - MariaDB 10.5.17/10.9.2
PhPMyadmin 5.2.0 - MysqlDumper 1.24.5
on W10 and W7 Pro 64 bit
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons
« Ce n'est pas parce qu'ils sont nombreux à avoir tort, qu'ils ont forcément raison. Coluche »
« It's not because they are many to be wrong, they are necessarily right. Coluche »

Re: Update wampserver 3.2.9 causes problems with mysql setting sql mode default
Posted by: Greby (---.mbb.telenor.rs)
Date: September 12, 2022 10:23PM

OK. Thank you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.