Dreamweaver PHP pages problem
Posted by: aroma (---.speed.planet.nl)
Date: June 08, 2006 10:34AM

I installed Wamp and all services are active. In Dreamweaver I can make connections to databases. However: when I create a simple PHP sample page in Dreamweaver it opens only showing the HTML part, not the PHP part.
Help much appreciated!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dreamweaver PHP pages problem
Posted by: CyberSpatium (67.170.181.---)
Date: June 08, 2006 04:24PM

Make sure you are using full php style tags, not short ASP style tags.

Posted by: aroma (---.speed.planet.nl)
Date: June 08, 2006 04:45PM

CyberSpatium wrote:

> Make sure you are using full php style tags, not short ASP
> style tags.

I do, I do!
Wish that would have been the solution.....
The irony is of course that installing wamp unfortunately solved a problem in return for a new one that I'm unable to sort out. I redefined sites, I placed php files in the root or in the project folder, I tried the httpd.conf settings as suggested, I tried ini settings as suggested, I'm only using full style tags. I worked online with an expert, who finally gave up too.

Posted by: CyberSpatium (67.170.181.---)
Date: June 08, 2006 09:59PM

put all your website files (html, php, css, images, etc) in the c:\wamp\www folder.

make sure alll files that have any php code in them are named .php files, not .html or apache will only parce the html code, not the php code.

And to get Dreamweaver to work with WAMP, search these forums, some time ago I made a detailed post on getting Dreamweaver to work with WAMP.

Posted by: strikerbear (---.shv.bellsouth.net)
Date: June 16, 2006 02:39PM

I'm a newbe, so I hope this info is useful.

You have to set up a testing server in Dreamweaver, After that, you have to save and "put" your file each time you make changes to the file before you "F12".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.