New installation on a new pc, windows 10, 64 bit
Posted by: Vanda (---.dk.customer.tdc.net)
Date: March 30, 2022 06:58PM

Hi,

I have to start all over with a new installation of Wamp on a Windows 10, 64 bit pc. Before it was on Windows 8.
Starting out I have a problem finding out, if Skype is acually using port 80 or not. Skype doesn't any longer have the option to change port numbers, the advanced option in settings is gone.

It seems that Skype is still using port 80:

[www.askforidea.com]

I have tried on Google to find ways of figuring out, if Skype is using port 80, but had no luck.

Kind regards
Vanda

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New installation on a new pc, windows 10, 64 bit
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: March 31, 2022 09:24AM

Hi,

> Starting out I have a problem finding out, if Skype is acually using port 80 or not.

What is the result of :
- Right-Click -> Tools -> Check state of services

- Right-Click -> Tools -> Test port 80

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: March 31, 2022 04:01PM

Hi,

I suppose I should look in Skype, but when I right click on tools, I don't get/see check state of services or Test port 80- And it is not possible to write anything. I just get all the information about account, sound, video etc.

Date: March 31, 2022 04:44PM

Hi,

These are the tools integrated to Wampserver.

You can access them even if the Wampmanager icon is not green.

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: March 31, 2022 05:00PM

Ah, okay, I haven't installed Wampserver yet, so I will look, when I get that far.

My next question is about the redistributable packages:

"If you are running WIndow pre windows 10, and you are running a component that uses Apache/Mysql/PHP compiled with MSVC 2015(VC14) you will also need to install the `Universal C Runtime"

`
Does "pre" mean Windows before Windows 10? If yes, when I am running Windows 10, it means, I don't need to install Universal C Runtime?

The other part: Apache/Mysql/PHP compiled with MSVC 2015(VC14). How do I find out, if I have a component that uses it?

Date: March 31, 2022 06:08PM

Hi,

Before install Wampserver :
- Verify that all VC ++ packages are installed and with the latest versions.
To do this, use the tool:
Checks VC++ packages installed
Do not use a previously loaded tool. Make a new download to make sure you are using the correct version.
To download missing packages, do not rely on Microsoft links, they are not reliable, download packages on http://wampserver.aviatechno.net in section Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages
Do not forget that if you have a 64 bit Windows, you must install both 32 and 64 bit versions of each package.
You must install each package "as an administrator", so right-click the exe file and then run as Administrator.

Date: March 31, 2022 07:01PM

Hi,

I already did this, and none of them is missing. So I suppose, I don't need the Universal C Runtime and don't need to worry about this Apache....etc. component.

I will go on and hope everything works out as it's supposed to:-)

Date: March 31, 2022 07:08PM

Hi,

Well then, if everything seems to be ok, install Wampserver "as administrator" and, if after launching it, the Wampmanager icon does not turn green, use the two above mentioned tools and give the results.

Date: March 31, 2022 08:00PM

Ok, I'll do that, but it will have to wait until the weekend. I will also have to check, if I have any .ini og IIS files, before I install Wamp

Date: April 19, 2022 01:34PM

As I am in the proces of transferring my TNG database from a Windows 8 to a Windows 10 computer, I would like to know, if it's ok to copy these files from the Windows 8 system to the Windows 10 system:

Windows-system32-drivers-etc-host

C:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.41\conf\extra\httpd-vhosts.conf

If yes, does it matter anything to do it before or after the installation of Wampserver?

Date: April 19, 2022 02:32PM

Hi,

> Windows-system32-drivers-etc-host
No problem.

> C:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.41\conf\extra\httpd-vhosts.conf
Only if the Wampserver folder is the same and if the folders of the different VirtualHost are the same.

However, the installation of Wampserver 3.2.6 will install Apache 2.4.51 and not Apache 2.4.41.

Reminder: For the transfer of the databases, you cannot use the file copy. It is necessary to export the original databases into SQL files and then import these SQL files into the new installation.

Date: April 19, 2022 04:16PM

I have done such a transfer before and have a certain method to get everything back, where it belongs:-) Earlier it was from Windows 8 to Windows 8

Now I think I have transferred the files as I am supposed to, do I have to start up Wampserver in a certain way the first time?

Date: April 19, 2022 06:21PM

I thought I would give it a try, Wampserver turned green, everything is working fine, also my database.

Thanks for your help:-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.