Remove PhpMyAdmin 4.9.7 from Wampserver v.3.2.6
Posted by: yes (185.206.172.---)
Date: January 03, 2022 12:47PM

I downloaded latest version of Wampserver v.3.2.6 and it has phpMyAdmin v.4.9.7 by default with phpMyAdmin v.5.1.1. It seems like it uses phpMyAdmin v.4.9.7 as default. I want to remove phpMyAdmin v.4.9.7 completely and just use phpMyAdmin v.5.1.1.

I'm using Laravel and when I run php artisan migrate it gives me this error:

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1071 Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes (SQL: alter table `users` add unique `users_email_unique`(`email`))

I know how to fix this in Laravel, please don't tell me how to fix in Laravel.

The oldest version of Wampserver v.3.2.3 had no problem, because it had no phpMyAdmin v.4.9.7.

I think it is because of phpMyAdmin v.4.9.7. If you know any solution please help.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Remove PhpMyAdmin 4.9.7 from Wampserver v.3.2.6
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: January 03, 2022 03:42PM

phpMyAdmin and its versions have Nothing to do with this error. This is to do with the collation you are using, or possibly with the new version of MySQL in this release using a different default collation.

Please remember, phpMyAdmin is a tool written in PHP that assists in the simplification of managing a mysql database, it is not the DBMS itself that is MYSQL or maybe mariaDB

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2022 03:46PM by RiggsFolly.

Date: January 04, 2022 08:32AM

Would you just tell me how to completely uninstall phpMyAdmin v.4.9.7 and set phpMyAdmin v.5.1.1 as default?

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: January 04, 2022 09:27AM

Hi,

No version of PhpMyAdmin is installed "by default" !

It is you and only you who choose which version you want to launch, either via the Left-Click menu of Wampmanager, or via the home page of Wampserver ('http://localhost/' ) and, in these two methods, it is very clearly indicated if the version of PhpMyAdmin is not compatible with the version of PHP used.

As RiggsFolly pointed out, you are confusing "database manager" (DBMS) and graphical interface to access DBMS.

PhpMyAdmin and Adminer - regardless of the version - are graphical interfaces to the database managers MySQL and MariaDB.

Changing PhpMyAdmin version will not solve your problem!

Nevertheless, if you want to replace PhpMyAdmin 4.9.7 by the version 5.1.1, it's extremely simple and easy, just install PhpMyAdmin 5.1.1 and choose "Replace the existing version".
All versions of PhpMyAdmin are available on https://wampserver.aviatechno.net

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: January 04, 2022 11:26AM

Thank you for your valuable information but I have to say if I install Wampserver version 3.2.3 there will be no problem. I don't get it, what is the problem with latest version.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: January 04, 2022 11:30AM

Please do a

SHOW CREATE TABLE YourTableName;

and copy/paste the output to your question

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: January 04, 2022 11:54AM

I found out the problem, it was because of innodb-default-row-format=compact, I changed it to innodb-default-row-format=dynamic and it works fine.

Thank you very much.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: January 04, 2022 12:10PM

Hi,

yes
Thank you for your valuable information but I have to say if I install Wampserver version 3.2.3 there will be no problem. I don't get it, what is the problem with latest version.
It does not depend at all on the Wampserver versions, nor on the PhpMyAdmin versions, but on the version of the DBMS in this case the MySQL (or MariaDB.) version used by "php artisan migrate"

Wampserver 3.2.3 installs MySQL 5.7.31|8.0.21 and MariaDB 10.3.23|10.4.13|10.5.4
Wampserver 3.2.6 installs MySQL 5.7.36|8.0.27 and MariaDB 10.5.13|10.6.5

and what worked with an old version of MySQL (Wampserver 3.2.3) no longer works with a new version of MySQL (Wampserver 3.2.6). The default settings for the different versions of MySQL change from one version to another.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.