PHP extension
Posted by: KianWilliam (---.sabanet.ir)
Date: October 16, 2021 01:42PM

To whom it may concern:
I wonder if there is a command to enable or disable a php extension (e.g mysqli) from command prompt?
Kian William

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PHP extension
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: October 16, 2021 02:38PM

Hi,

There is no CLI command to enable or disable a PHP extension.
- Activating mysqli means having 'extension=mysqli' (without the quotes) in php.ini
- Disabling mysqli means having ';extension=mysqli' (without the quotes) in php.ini

But even if such a command existed, enabling or disabling a PHP extension is not just a matter of adding or removing a semicolon (winking smiley at the beginning of the relevant line.
It is therefore essential to restart the Apache service and, in this case, a Graceful Restart is sufficient.

It is also necessary that this activation or deactivation of extension is taken into account by the Aestan Tray Menu, thus launching the php script 'refresh.php' then the Aestan Tray Menu action 'readconfig'.

This is visible in the [php_ext_mysqli] section of the wampmanager.ini file

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: October 16, 2021 04:56PM

ok, thanks for the information. The reason I asked this question is that I changed my PHP version from 7.3 to 7.4, I restarted the wamp server, the version is changed, I checked in localhost URL but in the wamp menu (aestan tray ) version 7.3 is still checked , rather than 7.4 and mysqli extension should be enabled for this version.
Kian William

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: October 16, 2021 05:01PM

Hi,

- Right-Click -> Tools -> Empty logs -> Empty all logs -> Y
- Right-Click -> Refresh

With Wampserver 3.2.6 there will be a "Restart from scratch" option.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: October 16, 2021 05:45PM

It worked, thanks and long live science
Kian William

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.