Website translation problem
Posted by: Engineer9736 (---.219.167.102.bro01.dyn.edpnet.net)
Date: October 08, 2021 12:53PM

Hi, I wanted to download the WAMP software but i came across one issue that i'd like to share with you, so things can be improved.

I have the website language on English, and the start, download and training pages are indeed English. But when i click the X64 version at downloads, i get a popup with only French instructions. Also when i click "Forum" I end up on a completely French board.

This is probably the result of my IP address being Belgian, but i think there is a programming mistake which assumes that whole of Belgium is French which is not correct. Half of Belgium speaks Dutch and only a few of the Dutch speaking people knows French. So i'm working my way through the website currently with Google Translate on a separate tab.

I just registered myself to let you know this issue, it's up to you if you do anything with it.

Given this is a French board i will also run this through a translator.

Salut, je voulais télécharger le logiciel WAMP mais je suis tombé sur un problème que j'aimerais partager avec vous, donc les choses peuvent être améliorées.

J'ai la langue du site en anglais, et les pages de démarrage, de téléchargement et de formation sont bien en anglais. Mais lorsque je clique sur la version X64 lors des téléchargements, j'obtiens une fenêtre contextuelle avec uniquement des instructions en français. De plus, lorsque je clique sur "Forum", je me retrouve sur un forum entièrement français.

C'est probablement le résultat du fait que mon adresse IP est belge, mais je pense qu'il y a une erreur de programmation qui suppose que toute la Belgique est française, ce qui n'est pas correct. La moitié de la Belgique parle néerlandais et seuls quelques néerlandophones connaissent le français. Je travaille donc actuellement sur le site Web avec Google Translate sur un onglet séparé.

Je viens de m'inscrire pour vous faire part de ce problème, c'est à vous de décider si vous en faites quelque chose.

Étant donné qu'il s'agit d'un forum français, je le ferai également passer par un traducteur.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Website translation problem
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: October 08, 2021 01:20PM

Hi,

Go to https://wampserver.aviatechno.net/

The forum exists in English (here) : [forum.wampserver.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: Engineer9736 (---.219.167.102.bro01.dyn.edpnet.net)
Date: October 08, 2021 02:03PM

Hi, my point was not to get to know how to get an English board. My point was to let you know that there is a programming error on your site which is quite user-unfriendly. I don't need anything, just trying to be helpful by letting you know it.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: October 08, 2021 02:21PM

Hi,

The responsibility for the site lies with Alterway (https://www.alterway.fr/) and I do not have the keys to access it via FTP and make the necessary and indispensable changes.

Despite my numerous requests, the modifications have not been made and I am getting tired of the repetitions. Moreover, even the alter way link at the bottom of this page is in 404!

Now I only work on the evolutions of Wampserver and its addons.

If you manage to make Alterway move, I take my hat off to you !

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.