PHP 7.4.19 not compatible with phpMyAdmin 5.1.1
Posted by: TinoKF (---.87-197-161.telecom.sk)
Date: September 13, 2021 03:00PM

Couple of weeks ago I've updated my phpMyAdmin to version 5.1.1.

I have two versions of PHP installed that I'm actively using: 7.2.4 and 7.4.19. Both of them should be compatible with PMA 5.1.1 according to PMA's and WAMP's websites.

It was actually working well for multiple days/weeks. Today, out of a sudden I've noticed a yellow exclamation mark next to my "phpMyadmin" label in WAMP's tray menu. I've also noticed the notice at the bottom of tray menu:

"PhpMyAdmin not compatible with PHP 7.4.19". If I click on it, this notice displays in CMD interface:

"Sorry,

There is an error.

PhpMyAdmin not compatible with PHP 7.4.19
You must use a version of PhpMyAdmin from 4.7.4 to 5.1.0"

This is however really strange, because:
a) PHP 7.2 and 7.4 should be perfectly compatible with 5.1.1
b) it actually was working like a charm couple of days ago

If I try to ignore the error and open phpMyAdmin, default WAMP landing page appears with these two PHP notices at the top:
"Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in C:\wamp64\scripts\wampserver.lib.php on line 996"
"Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in C:\wamp64\scripts\wampserver.lib.php on line 997"

This is the stack trace for those notices:
1 0.0000 369048 {main}( ) ...\index.php:0
2 0.0000 438432 GetPhpMyAdminVersions( ) ...\index.php:142

I've tried restarting all services multiple times, also switching PHP versions. What could be the issue?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2021 03:02PM by TinoKF.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PHP 7.4.19 not compatible with phpMyAdmin 5.1.1
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: September 13, 2021 04:42PM

Hi,

- Verify that all VC ++ packages are installed and with the latest versions.
To do this, use the tool:
Checks VC++ packages installed
Do not use a previously loaded tool. Make a new download to make sure you are using the correct version.[/u)
To download missing packages, do not rely on Microsoft links, they are not reliable, download packages on http://wampserver.aviatechno.net in section Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages
Do not forget that if you have a 64 bit Windows, you must install both 32 and 64 bit versions of each package.
You must install each package "as an administrator", so right-click the exe file and then run as Administrator.

- Apply Update 3.2.5 to your version of Wampserver
Wampserver update 3.2.5

- Fix bug, error and omission
Wampserver 3.2 all versions, update 3.2.5 included - File wamp(64)\scripts\wampserver.lib.php
- In the two functions linkPhpDllToApacheBin and CheckSymlink
Replace lines 185 and 239:
if(empty($errortxt))
with
if(empty($errorTxt))
Be sure to respect the case - Save the modified file.

> Couple of weeks ago I've updated my phpMyAdmin to version 5.1.1.
How ?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2021 04:44PM by Otomatic.

Re: PHP 7.4.19 not compatible with phpMyAdmin 5.1.1
Posted by: UDarkLink (---.195.209.181.static.intelnet.net.gt)
Date: October 30, 2021 04:13AM

This is due to the version of PhpMyAdmin 5.1.1.
I solved it by modifying the [appsversusphp.ini] file inside the WampServer scripts [wamp64\scripts].

I use the version of Php 7.3.21 so I had to look for the lines that started with "7.3" (Possibly, lines 10 and 11) and the one that appears second, change '5.1.0' to '5.1.1'.

I just did it because I got the same error just now and with that I just mentioned I managed to remove the warning/error.

You must do the same but for the Php version "7.4" and modify the second value from '5.1.0' to '5.1.1'.

(Google Translator)

→ UDarkLink

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.