Cache issues
Posted by: codydan (---.dynamic.range.net)
Date: September 04, 2021 08:12PM

Hi,

For some time now I have been having cache issues. When editing php, javascript, and css files on a local wampserver install. The first edit takes then after that no edits will work, nothing. I have disabled every cache module I could find in apache and php. I clear browser chache and restart, stop and restart all wamp applications, and have done everything I can think of to cure this issue to no avail. All web applications installed on wamp have cache turned off as well.

Someone suggested to me it was my windows 8.1 system and needed to get the latest wamp so I bought a new workstation (high end) with windows 10 and am now upgraded to the latest wampserver. This has to be fixed or I need to move to a different local solution.

Any suggestions on what might be causing this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cache issues
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: September 05, 2021 01:21PM

This sounds like the browser cache!

Look up clearing the browser cache. Go to the page you are working on in the browser, press CTRL+F5 and it should request the page again but as the cache will be empty it gets a fresh copy of the page from the server.

Was the muppet that suggested you needed a new PC a salesman in a PC store? Still it was definitely time to upgrade from Windows 8 so not all bad news

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2021 01:46PM by RiggsFolly.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: September 06, 2021 07:05PM

Hi,

> 8.1 system and needed to get the latest wamp so I bought a new workstation

Wampserver under Windows 8.1 can be updated to 3.2.5 without the need for a new machine.

- Verify that all VC ++ packages are installed and with the latest versions.
To do this, use the tool:
Checks VC++ packages installed
Do not use a previously loaded tool. Make a new download to make sure you are using the correct version.[/u)
To download missing packages, do not rely on Microsoft links, they are not reliable, download packages on http://wampserver.aviatechno.net in section Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages
Do not forget that if you have a 64 bit Windows, you must install both 32 and 64 bit versions of each package.
You must install each package "as an administrator", so right-click the exe file and then run as Administrator.

- Apply Update 3.2.5 to your version of Wampserver
Wampserver update 3.2.5

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: codydan (---.dynamic.range.net)
Date: September 08, 2021 07:41PM

I know how to clear a cache on browsers and explained the steps taken, browser is set to delete all history/cache on close anyway plus cleared cache many times and closed browser, that is not the issue.

No one sold me a computer, HA, I would still be using XP if my software was compatible. what I meant was it was suggested to upgrade because 8.1 may be causing issues with latest wampserer, basically because the system was old. These newer systems invade ones privacy. I reluctantly made the move to upgrade due to the old junker not being able to run the local server and graphics/editing software without hogging 100% of all resources all the time and wampserver never ran on that system well from the beginning. It was maxed out on ram (16Gcool smiley and cpu but still never ran well. I wanted to upgrade wampserver and all editing software anyway, figured the wamp upgrade might fix the issue but it did not.

Sometimes I have to take phone calls or when walking away for a bit and if the system goes into hibernation befrore I can get back may be causing this issue. Testing this now by trying to close everything out before being on the phone or walking away.

Regards

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.