Uninstall and reinstall WAMP without losing data (website and mysql db)
Posted by: Tormentor667 (---.static.filstalnetz.de)
Date: January 14, 2021 06:31PM

Dear WAMPServer Team,

I am currently running a WAMP instance on my pc. Somehow it got broken due to a hardware crash, and now I need to fix it. I thought about uninstalling it and completely reinstalling it from ground up new and clean.

Now I wonder: What's the best way to do this to preserve the pages, which are already running on the server? (meaning: databases and data files on the apache server).

Is there a way to do a complete backup of the whole MySQL databases and the files on the server and re-install that later in a new WAMP installation?

Thanks kindly,
best regards,
Dan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Uninstall and reinstall WAMP without losing data (website and mysql db)
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: January 14, 2021 06:48PM

Hi,

Dont go reinstalling till we have exhaust other options.

Do you still have the `\wamp` or `\wamp64` folder on your C drive, or whereever you installed it originally?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2021 06:52PM by RiggsFolly.

Posted by: Tormentor667 (---.static.filstalnetz.de)
Date: January 14, 2021 08:29PM

I didn't do anything yet. The current installation of WAMP is still running, but the Apache is buggy and the Task Control Icon (the manager) isn't appearing anymore so I thought the only think I could do about it is (re)installing it.

I can still access the webserver through browser and also access phpMyAdmin without any problems.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: January 15, 2021 09:29AM

Hi,

You can try :

- 1 - Verify that all VC ++ packages are installed and with the latest versions.
To do this, use the tool:
Checks VC++ packages installed
Do not use a previously loaded tool. Make a new download to make sure you are using the correct version.
To download missing packages, do not rely on Microsoft links, they are not reliable, download packages on http://wampserver.aviatechno.net in section Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages
Do not forget that if you have a 64 bit Windows, you must install both 32 and 64 bit versions of each package.
You must install each package "as an administrator", so right-click the exe file and then run as Administrator.

- 2 - Apply Update 3.2.4 to your version of Wampserver
Wampserver update 3.2.4

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: Tormentor667 (62.68.22.---)
Date: January 16, 2021 09:39AM

Thanks kindly, that whole procedure worked perfect smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.