Update PHP 7.0.10 to 7.1.33 on wampserver 3.0.6
Posted by: dysan (207.204.65.---)
Date: December 09, 2020 09:19PM

I was working on a webstite on wampserver 3.0.6 when an component update produced a white blank screen, after enabling error reporting
I realize it require a php upgrade, current version 7.0.10 require >= version 7.1, is their a step by step guide on how to get this update v7.1,
I want to regain access to the website so I can atleast backup the website before doing a fresh install of the latest copy of Wampserver.
I tried the PHP addon... it stated it only works on Wampserver 3.1.9 or greater.
Any assitance will be appreciated. The Joomla component in question is Quix content builder, their support refuse to assist since it's a php issue on localhost.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Update PHP 7.0.10 to 7.1.33 on wampserver 3.0.6
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: December 10, 2020 08:48AM

Hi,

It's very simple, just update Wampserver. The last update is 3.2.4.

Before doing this update, you must:
- Verify that all VC ++ packages are installed and with the latest versions.
To do this, use the tool:
Checks VC++ packages installed
Do not use a previously loaded tool. Make a new download to make sure you are using the correct version.
To download missing packages, do not rely on Microsoft links, they are not reliable, download packages on http://wampserver.aviatechno.net in section Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages
Do not forget that if you have a 64 bit Windows, you must install both 32 and 64 bit versions of each package.
You must install each package "as an administrator", so right-click the exe file and then run as Administrator.

- Apply Update 3.2.4 to your version of Wampserver
Wampserver update 3.2.4

See WAMPserver 3 - Tout ce que vous devez savoir

Due to the big difference between your version and 3.2.4, it is advisable to make a backup of your current version.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: December 10, 2020 03:06PM

Thanks for the reply, what is the procedure to backup Wampserver 3.0.6 (especially the website in question) I really dont want to loose this website, do I simply copy over the Wamp directory and how do I restore it on completion of the new WampServer 3.2.4 installation?

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: December 10, 2020 03:20PM

Hi,

Copy the complete wampserver folder to another location and export your databases to SQL files.

The Wampserver 3.2.4 update is not a new installation! As its name indicates, it is an update.
I suggest you to make a backup just in case! Backup that you should already have, aren't the three commandments of computing:
- 1 - Make backups.
- 2 - Make reliable backups.
- 3 - Make reliable backups often.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: December 10, 2020 10:15PM

Up and running again. Thank you!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.