Database not found after updating PHP and Adminer
Posted by: Pisco (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: December 07, 2020 07:55PM

Hi,

I was trying to update some addons like PHP (from vs 7.4.13 to 8) and Adminer (from 4.7.7 to 4.7.8). When I change the versions in PHP - I can access to my Wordpress log in page and the database is on my phpMyAdmin as well. However, the site is empty and get the message 'nothing is found'.
I tried to updated Adminer and I got an error message saying 'Windows has no access to the device, root or file', therefore, I can't update it at all.
At the moment by changing back the PHP version, everything is fine but I would like to know what can I do to update the system.

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Database not found after updating PHP and Adminer
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: December 07, 2020 10:19PM

Hi,

Are you sure that your WordPress version and plugins support PHP 8 ?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: December 07, 2020 11:17PM

Hi,
I have Wordpress last version 5.3.3 and not many plugins installed, only Envato and a page builder, but they are also last versions too.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: December 08, 2020 09:25AM

WordPress Core aims to be compatible with PHP 8.0 in the 5.6 release (currently scheduled for December 8, 2020).
Your version of WordPress is not compatible with PHP 8.

Before wanting to use the latest PHP versions at all costs, because this is the fashion, we must ensure that the CMS or WEB applications used support these new versions.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2020 09:29AM by Otomatic.

Date: December 10, 2020 07:09PM

Hi,

I updated Wordpress and it worked but I got this message on the log in page:

Warning: The magic method OCDI\OneClickDemoImport::__wakeup() must have public visibility in C:\Users\Toshiba\Documents\WEBPROJECTS\PROJECT\Wordpress\wp-content\plugins\kadence-importer\inc\OneClickDemoImport.php on line 128