Localhost error
Posted by: paul@ashtonhayespc.co.uk (---.range81-158.btcentralplus.com)
Date: November 03, 2020 01:42PM

Good morning, apologies if this is a really silly question but I have tried all the usual things and the troubleshooting tips in the other relevant areas to no avail.

I have WAMP64 installed on a Windows 10 laptop.

[localhost] works fine and the WAMP dashboard appears

However, if I try to access anything in any subfolder of the www folder I get a "This site can’t be reached localhost refused to connect." error.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to make it work?

I have a Wordpress install in the subfolder.

Thanks
Paul

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Localhost error
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: November 03, 2020 02:41PM

Hi,

> I have a Wordpress install in the subfolder.

Local sites must be installed in VirtualHosts, as with all hosting providers.
See:
The need for Virtual Host
and
Wampserver 3 - Create or add a VirtualHost
and
Why to create a VirtualHost BEFORE installing a CMS

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: walemark (137.97.111.---)
Date: March 08, 2022 07:30AM

When the localhost refused to connect error message appears, it is likely because the port is not correctly configured. There are many situations that might trigger “This site can't be reached localhost refused to connect.” error in Chrome browsers . In general, the problem may happens for failing on DNS lookup . DNS is that network address that translates the website name to its internet address. Most often it causes for not getting the internet connection or misconfigured internet or network settings. Another reason could be the firewall preventing Google Chrome to load the webpage. However, other reasons, such as insufficient permissions or the Apache web server not running properly might also cause the error. In order to fix this “connection” error, there are a few simple steps that you could apply, such as:

Clear your browser cache.
Reset your IP address & flush the DNS cache.
Check proxy settings.
Disable your firewall.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2022 09:14AM by Otomatic.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: March 08, 2022 09:17AM

Apart from advertising your site - whose link I have removed - did you notice that you answered a question from almost two years ago!

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.