wampserver.com not safe?
Posted by: kompis (---.bb.online.no)
Date: September 14, 2020 10:51PM

When trying to open the page [www.wampserver.com] I get notified that the page is not safe! It says your connection is not private. And that the page certificate is not valid. The https has to lines through it. Do you happen to know what the probelm is? I hesitate to proceed to the page because of this warning.
Thanks... kompis

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2020 10:55PM by kompis.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wampserver.com not safe?
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: September 15, 2020 10:36AM

Hi,

If you looked closer, you would see that the site certificate has expired. I guess someone forgot to replace it with a new one.

If you want to download WAMPServer software, try the backup store located Here A bonus is it is Soo much easier to navigate than the sourceforge site which is where you would have been directed from the WAMPServer.com site smiling smiley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2020 04:59PM by RiggsFolly.

Posted by: kompis (---.bb.online.no)
Date: September 16, 2020 09:40AM

Thank you so much. Appreciated👍

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: September 17, 2020 10:02AM

Hi,

The certificate has been updated.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.