Hide command windows on startup
Posted by: Ull (---.xs4all.nl)
Date: August 28, 2020 09:24AM

Hi,

When I launch wampserver, I see a lot of command windows flashing. This takes about 30 to 60 seconds.
I don't like it, because I have to wait until this is over and cannot type that time.

Is there any way to prevent these windows flashing up, since they have no use anyway because the show nothing than a black window for a split second.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hide command windows on startup
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: August 28, 2020 09:38AM

Hi,

They are part of the normal startup of WAMPServer. They do have a use!

The fact that they take 30 to 60 seconds is a symptom of a slow PC that they are running on and not WAMPServer itself.

So NO, you cannot stop them from appearing

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.2.0 32bit & 64bit)
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.19>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: August 28, 2020 10:45AM

I understand they are starting the services by command line, but I mean that all those windows appear (black squares flickering) has not much use. I thought it was possible to hide/minimize those windows, same as you can do when running a batch file.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2020 10:49AM by Ull.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: August 28, 2020 11:19AM

Hi,

> I thought it was possible to hide/minimize those windows,
If you find out how, you will win the grand prize. You can try it yourself, all the Wampserver startup scripts are accessible by everyone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wampserver 3.2.3 32 bit - Apache 2.4.46 - PHP 7.4.9…5.6.40 - MySQL 5.7.31 - MariaDB 10.5.5
Wampserver 3.2.3 64 bit - Apache 2.4.46 - PHP 7.4.9…5.6.40 - MySQL 5.7.31/8.0.21 - MariaDB 10.5.5
PhPMyadmin 5.0.2 - MysqlDumper 1.24.5
on W10 and W7 Pro 64 bit
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons
« Ce n'est pas parce qu'ils sont nombreux à avoir tort, qu'ils ont forcément raison. Coluche »
« It's not because they are many to be wrong, they are necessarily right. Coluche »

Date: August 28, 2020 04:29PM

Thanks.

But I have not idea how to edit the wampmanager.exe file or compile a new one.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: August 28, 2020 04:43PM

Hi,

> But I have not idea how to edit the wampmanager.exe file or compile a new one.
There is no need to modify wampmanager.exe which is a menu generator (Aestan Tray Menu)
The command windows are only opened by php scripts and, in the first place, by refresh.php, for example by:
$output = `$command`;

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wampserver 3.2.3 32 bit - Apache 2.4.46 - PHP 7.4.9…5.6.40 - MySQL 5.7.31 - MariaDB 10.5.5
Wampserver 3.2.3 64 bit - Apache 2.4.46 - PHP 7.4.9…5.6.40 - MySQL 5.7.31/8.0.21 - MariaDB 10.5.5
PhPMyadmin 5.0.2 - MysqlDumper 1.24.5
on W10 and W7 Pro 64 bit
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons
« Ce n'est pas parce qu'ils sont nombreux à avoir tort, qu'ils ont forcément raison. Coluche »
« It's not because they are many to be wrong, they are necessarily right. Coluche »

Date: August 31, 2020 11:25AM

Thanks, never checked the script folder, nice programming. But I think it's not possible. Well, probrably just have to live with it. It's only 6 black flickering windows, than I can continue.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.