Mega-Help needed.
Posted by: Hangly (---.mem.bellsouth.net)
Date: May 11, 2006 03:34AM

I've recently installed WAMP (the latest one). However, with my luck and MySQL stupidity, I've locked myself out of phpMyAdmin. I learned PHP a few weeks ago, well, am learning.

Here's what I've done:

1. I got a warning because the 'root' account had no password.
2. I tried to change the password, but it only locked me out, so I reinstalled (at that time I didn't have any valuable files on localhost)
3. I tried to secure 'root' by: making another account that's password protected, and then disabling all of root's privaleges, and making a max connection per hour limit 1.

What I did not know, was that [localhost] logged in with 'root'. That's my mistake.

So, everytime I go to phpMyAdmin, it says 'limit exceeded! You have reached your max connections per hour. (Current value: 1)'

Basically, if I wait an hour, three hours, whatever, it'll lock me out when I go to it... because that counts as my 1 connection. Even if I could get back in, I wouldn't be able to fix it, as I've revoked all of 'root's privaleges (as said above).

Is there an easy fix for this? Do I have to completely reinstall WAMP? That would suck because I have some very important files on it... too many to make backups of/transfer to a temporary host.

Well, thanks for any help in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mega-Help needed.
Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: May 11, 2006 10:02PM

Hi,

I'm a newbie just like you too, may be a little longer.

In order to change the password, follows these steps:

1. Set password in privilleges in phpMyAdmin from your Browser/Localhost.
2. Set password in config.inc.php in /wamp/phpmyadmin/.

Also, if you like, either use .htaccess and .htpasswd or follow this guide here to set the permission to access PHPmyadmin and SQLitemanager (credited to Joshua).

1. open httpd.conf in /wamp/Apache2/conf/

2. find the lines
# Controls who can get stuff from this server.
#
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

3. after the </directory> line above add the following:

<Directory "C:/Internet/wamp/www/phpmyadmin">
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
Allow from 127.0.0.1
</Directory>

<Directory "C:/Internet/wamp/www/sqlitemanager">
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
Allow from 127.0.0.1
</Directory>

4. change location of the directories as your might be different from "C:/Internet/wamp/www/phpmyadmin"

Also in Alias folder (/wamp/Apache2/conf/alias), replace these lines in phpmyadmin.conf and splitemanager.conf:

Order allow,deny
Allow from all

By these lines:

Order deny,allow
Deny from all
Allow from 127.0.0.1

Hope this help and have fun,

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.