Can i run java servlets with wamp5 1.6.1
Posted by: balder (---.54.90.146.ill-bgl.static.vsnl.net.in)
Date: May 04, 2006 08:13AM

I have installed wamp5 1.6.1. I am able to run .php files successfully. I need to know whether i can run java servlets using wamp?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can i run java servlets with wamp5 1.6.1
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: May 06, 2006 01:42PM

There are two possible ways to bridge PHP and Java: you can either integrate PHP into a Java Servlet environment, which is the more stable and efficient solution, or integrate Java support into PHP. The former is provided by a SAPI module that interfaces with the Servlet server, the latter by this Java extension.

The Java extension provides a simple and effective means for creating and invoking methods on Java objects from PHP. The JVM is created using JNI, and everything runs in-process.

[fr3.php.net]

Posted by: balder (---.54.90.146.ill-bgl.static.vsnl.net.in)
Date: May 08, 2006 09:13AM

I want to use php separately and java servlets separately. Since i have already installed wamp5, is there any other tool or downloads which can run my java servlets using wamp

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: May 09, 2006 04:07AM

then use two seperate servers, one setup for php and the other for java. remember however, that both web servers will be using port 80. you wil not beable to run both at the same time unless one uses a differnt port then 80

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.