MySQL console
Posted by: MarkV (---.bhz.virtua.com.br)
Date: April 28, 2006 12:47PM

At the MySQL console, I have to type a password. What is it for? I did not set a password! How come it is asking me for one?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MySQL console
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: April 29, 2006 04:10AM

the default root account does not have a password set, so when the console askes for the password, just press the enter button.

Posted by: MarkV (---.bhz.virtua.com.br)
Date: April 29, 2006 09:18AM

I changed to "test":

2. $cfg['Servers'][$i]['controlpass']
4. $cfg['Servers'][$i]['password']

I saved config.inc.php, then restarted MySQL, then typed "test" (without quotes) on the MySQL console, but the default password had not changed.

I changed to "test" too:

1, $cfg['Servers'][$i]['controluser']
3. $cfg['Servers'][$i]['user']

I saved config.inc.php, then restarted MySQL, then typed "test" (without quotes) on the MySQL console, but the default password had not changed.

What am I supposed to do?

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: May 01, 2006 04:45PM

what did you change to test?

the control user is not where you enter your mysql user id and password, open up phpmyadmin config file, and change them back to:

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controluser'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] ='';

Now find these two lines:

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = '';

Change those two lines to what your mysql username and password are.

you do not have to restart apache after editing the phpmyadmin config file. phpmyadmin is a script, not a server like apache and mysql. after you change something in the phpmyadmin config file, you just need to click on the refresh button in your webbrowser to refresh the page.

Post Edited (05-01-06 18:09)

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP Forum Admin

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.