Please help me with apache
Posted by: Eric Bichara (80.174.212.---)
Date: April 27, 2006 09:47PM

I have been trying for mor than a week to set up WAMP SERVER . i have installed & uninstalled it more than 20 times. I have red all the tutorials ,of this forum ,about apache and local host .i did all the possibilities that were mentioned in every single forum, but in vain.
My problem has always been the same ,apache server is not working ,whenever i try to connect to local host , i get nothing more than a disappointing message that says the same: impossible to show the page.
i would be so thankful to anyone who has dared to give me a hand to solve this miserable problem of mine.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Please help me with apache
Posted by: ClassicNerd (---.dyn.iinet.net.au)
Date: April 28, 2006 11:07AM

I have this exact same problem, and I can't solve it either sad smiley it makes me sad that I found this post with no replies...

Posted by: ClassicNerd (---.dyn.iinet.net.au)
Date: April 28, 2006 11:19AM

Ok problem solved, inot, you didn't look very hard because i found a solution that worked in minutes...

Prior to and during WAMP installation, DISABLE/SNOOZE norton (or any antivirus) 'auto-protect' feature and terminate skype..

yay 'All services running' fills my heart with glee

That's how I roll...

Posted by: ispi (203.213.198.---)
Date: April 28, 2006 11:57AM

hello, i have thesame problem too...the wamp says "all services running" but still i can't get to this site for me to fill in accdg to the mini tutorial...[localhost] (it alasy saya cannot load page..etc)..pls help me on this one..anyone? its been 2 days now and i strill can't figure it out, im a total newbii here.. thnx in advance

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: April 29, 2006 04:23AM

Make sure you do not have skype running or apache will not start.

swemmel8
Make sure you put all your webpage files (php, html, css, images, etc) in this directory:
C:\wamp\www

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.