Lost database
Posted by: morilko (---.lnk.telstra.net)
Date: March 10, 2020 12:55AM

I have done something seriously stupid. I have been running wampserver successfully with no issue for months on end. I wanted to make imagemagick work but found out it tended to work better with wampserver 2, not 3 (which I currently had). So this morning I uninstalled wampserver 3. Of course it asked whether I had backed everything up and I said yes. I had backed up the files on the server, but not the actual databases. When I installed wampserver 2, the databases are gone.

I am guessing it's a lost cause, but is there any possible way I can recover the databases? I put literally months of work into them and i still can't believe I didn't make even one export backup of the database.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lost database
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: March 10, 2020 09:52AM

Hi,

Your databases, by default, are in the wamp(64)/bin/mysql/mysqlx.y.z/data/ folder.

Since the folder was deleted by the uninstall* and then you rewrite to disk, I'm afraid it's unrecoverable.

* The warning message is very clear:

WARNING: The Wampserver installation folder will be completely deleted: the local sites and databases located in this folder will be destroyed if you have not previously backed them up.

Do you really want to uninstall Wampserver?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Re: Lost database
Posted by: morilko (---.83.96.58.static.exetel.com.au)
Date: March 10, 2020 10:41AM

Thanks Otomatic

You are right, the warning was clear. This is why I began with "I have done something seriously stupid"...

I just thought as a last ditch attempt I'd post on the wampserver forum. I was expecting your answer. Time to begin again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.