Can't create tables
Posted by: uptoeleven (---.warwickshire.gov.uk)
Date: April 21, 2006 11:04AM

Hello

Im having trouble creating tables in databases with PHPmyadmin. Each time im getting this error message:

tbl_create.php: Missing parameter: db (FAQ 2.8)
tbl_create.php: Missing parameter: table (FAQ 2.8)

Ive tried two of the solutions in the FAQ doc, changing the config.inc.php and php.ini file but this hasnt worked.

Ive also tried uninstalling then reinstalling WAMP but im still getting the error message.

Arghhh! Can anyone help?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can't create tables
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: April 21, 2006 10:29PM

this is not a php.ini or config.ini.php problem. what ever you changed in those files, change them back. this is a human error. you are not useing the correct sql syntax for your create statements. make sure you are using the right sql struction for your create statement.

$dblink = mysql_connect ('localhost', 'root', 'password');
$dbase = mysql_selectd_db ('_Your_Database_Name_Here_', $dblink);

$sql = "
CREATE TABLE sometable (
id INTEGER UNSIGNED NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
somedata1 TEXT,
somedata2 DATETIME
);
";

$result = mysql_query ($sql, $dblink);

Post Edited (04-21-06 22:32)

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP Forum Admin

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Re: Can't create tables
Posted by: uptoeleven (---.warwickshire.gov.uk)
Date: April 24, 2006 11:37AM

Hello

Thank you for your help. However, im using PHPmyadmin to create the tables

I have found a solution to the problem..previously, i was using IE6 with PHPmyadmin which was causing the errors. Now using Firefox and everything seems to work fine now.

Not sure what was causing the errors, perhaps security features on IE6??

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.