Website Migration from WAMP VH to the Live Hosting
Posted by: Maryando (---.as13285.net)
Date: November 19, 2019 01:37AM

Hello Guys.

I decided to take a test and move the site to the live hosting.
I have moved the sites from hosting to another without any problems before, but from WAMP server it seems to be not working correctly. Today I have taken roughly 10 attempts to move my fresh shop to the live hosting and all 10 attempts failed.

The steps I did to move my store to the live hosting:

I have compressed all the local shop files with zip, uploaded the zip file onto my hosting, and unzipped them into the desired folder

Edited parameters.php (PrestaShop config file) updated databases name (as my hosting got own prefix), user name and password.

Exported my local database using phpMyAdmin.

Created a new database and user at phpMyAdmin on my hosting account and imported previously exported locally database.

Changed the shop domain, domain_ssl and physical_uri at the imported database through phpMyAdmin panel

So, basically all the steps I'm always doing to have everything perfectly migrated, but migration from the WAMP server seems to be a little bit more complicated or something is not right for sure.

I know it looks like this is not a WAMP issue but I'm sure it is as I'm doing this easily while moving my site from one to another hosting account.
Is there anything I have missed doing my migration test?
Maybe this is more complicated with WAMP and I'm missing something?

The shop seems to be working I can log in to my dashboard and see my front office but there is not images at all front office is just the text and some missing images at the front office.

I had all my files at the different hard drive as I was storing them on my OneDrive so I can access them from another device, so I thought that's the problem because maybe some file permissions are missing, so I installed everything once again ad C:/ and the same problem occurs.
I have really no idea how to solve this so hope you guys can help me a bit.

I will be really grateful for any help on this.
Thank you so much
Best Regards

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2019 12:10PM by Maryando.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Website Migration from WAMP VH to the Live Hosting
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: November 19, 2019 01:01PM

Hi,

May be .htaccess file ?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: November 19, 2019 10:08PM

Hello
Thanks for the answer. I have edited htaccess file and changed the domains there but still nothing. Deleted htaccess too but no change. I have done this again and now I can't access to my site.
Every time I'm doing this migration I'm getting different output by looking at the frontend.

I have tried also to use XAMPP but the results are the same.
Moving from live hosting to another live hosting is giving me perfect results but can't get this to work moving from VH sad smiley

I will probably go back to live site development on my hosting.
Just wanted to speed up my workflow but it's not going my way.

Many thanks

Date: November 20, 2019 02:45AM

RESOLVED & UNRESOLVED

I found 1053 places in Prestashop files and 114 files with the local files path injected!
So if your folder was G:/mysites/site1 then this path is all over the place in your PrestaShop files.
Database tables are also ruined when edited by Notepad++ 596 lines with the local path.

Although this is easy to change in the database using Notepad++ completely impossible to change in 114 files.
Also in databases in the places where is the local path injected '/' was replaced with '\\\\' what a disaster...

So my friendly advice for everyone who works on Prestashop is staying away from virtual hosts unless you know what you are doing.
I'm closer to develop the shop on the live server than using this method.

And this situation is not because I have set my virtual hosts wrong. All virtual hosts were working and listed on the right under Virtual Host section. Virtual domains were working properly so I can assume that I didn't make any mistake during VH setup.

I will be happy to hear that I have done something wrong and find the solution for my problem because I really like this idea of workflow, but I'm very sceptical in this scenario I'm afraid.

Thanks anyway and sorry for my disappointed tone, I'm just tired after 3 days trying.
Best Regards

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: November 20, 2019 12:55PM

Did you read This that I found on the web

It can ONLY be something you HAVE or HAVE NOT done.

However from a remote location and with no visibility of what you are actually doing it is almost impossible to guess what that might be.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: November 20, 2019 02:34PM

Hi,

> I found 1053 places in Prestashop files and 114 files with the local files path injected!
It's really hard to wonder what's the point of Prestashop writing the url in the database if it's to write it in hard way in files!

Some text editors, such as UltraEdit, are fully capable of performing multi-criteria search/replacement in multiple files, in complete hierarchies.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: November 21, 2019 04:13PM

RiggsFollyI understands that it is hard to predict what is going on.
I have read the post from your link, thank you but that's the basics I have always fallow.

Otomatic thanks actually found that Notepad++ is changing data in files pretty nice, but even after all my changes, I have still not figured this out.

Thanks, guys I will smash it sooner or later and I will post the solution here.
Best Regards

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.