On Startup, "W" Symbol for Wamp64 Doesn't Show Up in SysTray
Posted by: Len_Jacobson@usa.net (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: August 11, 2019 04:08PM

This is a very minor issue, but annoying, nonetheless.

Wamp64 (64-bit) is installed on my computer and starts up automatically when the computer boots. But the "W" symbol does not appear in the SysTray.

The simple solution is to manually execute the Wampserver 64 program, and then the "W" will appear in the SysTray.

Is there any way to automatically get the "W" into the SysTray upon booting the computer?

Thanks.

Len Jacobson

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: On Startup, "W" Symbol for Wamp64 Doesn't Show Up in SysTray
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: August 11, 2019 04:39PM

Hi,

It is not possible to automatically start Wampserver at the Windows boot.

If you want to do this, you need to introduce a variable and unknown delay to make sure that all the services and processes necessary for Wampserver, Apache, PHP and MySQL are started before starting Wampmanager.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2019 04:45PM by Otomatic.

Posted by: Len_Jacobson@usa.net (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: August 11, 2019 04:53PM

Thank you for this response, but truly, it IS possible to start the Wampserver at bootup. To do that, I simply went into the Windows Service section of the Control Panel and changed the settings for the three servers, wampapache664, wapmariab64, and wampmysql64, automatically start (Delayed Start). Upon boot, the wamp64 is running without a problem.

My only (again, very minor) concern is that the "W" doesn't then appear in the SysTray.

Len Jacobson

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: August 11, 2019 05:02PM

Hi,

> hanged the settings for the three servers, wampapache64, wapmariab64, and wampmysql64,
> automatically start (Delayed Start). Upon boot, the wamp64 is running without a problem.
If you change Apache, PHP, MySQL or MariaDB versions, the related service is deleted and recreated with start = manual, and the boot start will no longer work

> My only (again, very minor) concern is that the "W" doesn't then appear in the SysTray.
Read wamp(64)/instructions_for_use.pdf

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.