Composer and Wamp incompatible because of PATH to php.exe
Posted by: rjvers (---.user.vivozap.com.br)
Date: July 26, 2019 06:36PM

I am trying to add Composer but it insists on adding the path to php.exe to the Windows PATH environment. When it does that Wamp complains that there cannot be a path to php.exe. As things stand at this moment, I cannot use Composer with Wamp, which is crazy. Wamp should be able to work with Composer. How can I get it to work and get rid of this problem?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Composer and Wamp incompatible because of PATH to php.exe
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: July 26, 2019 06:45PM

In what way does Composer insist on adding the php fodler to the PATH???

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: July 26, 2019 06:49PM

Have a quick look at this answer on StackOverflow

It shows you how to create a little batch file that will allocate php to the PATH temporarily for the duration of a command windows.
It also covers Composer and PEAR if you want that as well

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: rjvers (---.user.vivozap.com.br)
Date: July 26, 2019 06:59PM

Thanks for the quick reply as I've wasted a huge amount of time with this! I presume putting in the Windows path would be the easiest (as the others are a bit confusing, too) since Wamp shouldn't complain if it does not find the path. Would that be correct?

Date: July 26, 2019 07:28PM

I don't actually understand what you are suggesting

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: July 26, 2019 07:58PM

Hi,
Apply Wampserver update 3.1.9

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: rjvers (---.dsl.telesp.net.br)
Date: July 26, 2019 11:29PM

What doew Wampserver update 3.1.9 do?

Date: July 27, 2019 08:55AM

Hi,

See changelog on http://wampserver.aviatechno.net

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: July 27, 2019 10:16PM

It's great that this problem is solved! My final question (I hope) is if one installs the update over what is there or must I install as a new version?

Date: July 28, 2019 09:26AM

Hi,

As its name suggests, an "update" updates an existing installation, just like Windows updates.
Moreover, Wampserver updates can only be installed if a Wampserver installation already exists and if its version is equal to or lower than the update version.

> that this problem is solved!
It was not a problem, it was just a warning that you might have problems if you change PHP versions without changing the corresponding PATH in the environment variable.

Date: July 28, 2019 01:58PM

Super thanks for the update, all around. Might I give two suggestions:

1. The misuse of upgrade and update plus Wamp's concern about clean installations leads to the concern of doing it wrongly. Thus it might be good to add next to the link info that the same should be installed over a current version.

2. You might issue the PHP path warning should there be a mismatch of versions. I expressed my concern as to the PHP path warning based on comments on Stackoverflow. There was even one suggestion there that you install PHP in a Windows Subsystem for Linux. Be it, a machine running in a machine and heaven only knows where the path goes in that case. That made me come here.

Many thanks once more for your help and I hope I don't have to pester anyone else here again!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.