Laravel PDO exception with 'could not find driver' message
Posted by: abel406 (---.minem.cu)
Date: February 11, 2019 04:34PM

Hello wamp serer Team. I have been a user of your product for many years now with a very good experience. Last week I tried to work with Laravel 5.6.33 and postgresql for a project in Windows 10. What was my surprise when i realized that running php artisan migrate command was giving me an error.

I struggled with it and searched internet, but nothing showed up that could help me. I had the curiosity of installing xampp and setting the php folder in my path instead of wamp server path and that did the trick. But i think this issue is worth working on. There are a lot of web developers using Laravel and this bug could make them move towards xampp and abandon wamp. Maybe the bug is in Laravel, i think the team should give it some thoughts. I have published a solution in Stackoverflow here [stackoverflow.com]

Best wishes from Caribbean.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Laravel PDO exception with 'could not find driver' message
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: February 11, 2019 04:42PM

Hi

A better solution [stackoverflow.com]

Which allows you to easily swicth between PHP versions rather than locking yourself into one specific version.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: Laravel PDO exception with 'could not find driver' message
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: February 11, 2019 05:12PM

Hi,

I remind you that this is only a warning to warn those who would like to change PHP version regardless of the fact that the PATH will always point to the previous version and that the new version of PHP will take into account the php.ini of the old version.
This warning does not block or change anything about Wampserver.

When you have spent four days to find out why PHP 5.6.32 did not take into account the changes in its own php.ini, you will understand why this warning exists.

And, in addition, the Wamp settings allow you to no longer have this warning, but at your own risk.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.