Apache port number problem
Posted by: sizzzzlerz (12.191.193.---)
Date: March 30, 2006 06:55PM

I changed the port number for apache to 8080 and can access pages just fine from the browser using localhost:8080 as the host. However, when I open the WAMP5 utility from the system tray and click on either localhost or phMyAdmin items in the resulting popup menu, it still attempts to find the server at the default port 80 location which, of course, fails.

Is there a way to change these two lines in the popup menu so that they use the port number on which Apache is listening?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Apache port number problem
Posted by: Warwick (---.jetstream.xtra.co.nz)
Date: April 01, 2006 11:43PM

I would be interested in the answer to this too.

Posted by: andrewkinyua86 (---.lmdaca.adelphia.net)
Date: April 02, 2006 02:02AM

The problem is that in your computer, there is a software e.g "gaming online software" or a program that is taking the incoming traffic from port 80, you need to make sure that any program that has to access the internet might be blocking the this port. check also your mail server if you have one like microsoft outlook, turn them all off. and restart your wamp server.

Andrew

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: April 02, 2006 06:20AM

andrewkinyua86
Mail servers use port 25, and will not cause any problems with apache or mysql

sizzzzlerz
you need to edit the wampserver.ini file, and change all http://localhost to http://localhost:8080 .now when you click on those links in the WAMP menu, they will use port 8080

C:\wamp\wampserver.ini

Post Edited (04-02-06 06:20)

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP Forum Admin

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Posted by: sizzzzlerz (12.191.193.---)
Date: April 03, 2006 04:40PM

Thanks Cyber. That works.

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: April 04, 2006 01:58PM

no prob smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.