can't load an extension
Posted by: iano (---.cable.casema.nl)
Date: March 26, 2006 11:07PM

Hi guys,

i installed Wamp 5 and on may WinXP and I am trying to install a DLL(php_mapscript) but i get this message..

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/php/ext/php_mapscript.dll' - The specified procedure could not be found.

The file "php_mapscript_dll" exist in my /ext folder ...so I can[t figure out what is happening....

can someone give me a hint....i would appreciate that

thanks in advance

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: can't load an extension
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: March 27, 2006 04:50AM

There is no php_mapscript.dll in the ext directory, so you cannot use that extension. This is not a standard php extension, and I have never heard of it before. What is it?

Post Edited (03-27-06 07:34)

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP Forum Admin

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Posted by: iano (---.nc3a.nato.int)
Date: March 27, 2006 11:07AM

smiling smiley)...ok..but i copied it in the dir /ext so it is there..........and it is a library providing web-gis functionality..building spatially enhanced web pages....

Date: March 27, 2006 11:45AM

you cannot just put new extensions in the ext directory, you need to install the software package first. So, you need to install any software related to mapscript and then after you install it, it should work. just make sure it is compatible with windows based os's.

What is the url of this mapscript site?

Posted by: iano (---.nc3a.nato.int)
Date: March 27, 2006 01:30PM

thanks for reply...I just folowed this instructions.....take a look...i can use mapsricpt if I use MS4W package but i want to use it with wamp because i like wamp

[mapserver.gis.umn.edu]

Date: March 28, 2006 03:17AM

I have never used that pacakge before, so I do not now how to install or develop on it,.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.