Hang-up when importing data
Posted by: ricklach (---.gv.shawcable.net)
Date: July 08, 2018 11:50PM

My new wampserver is a go. I an trying to load a particularly large file into a php/mysql program called webtrees by importing it. However, none of the data (blobs) are being loaded into the mysql table as they should be. Is there some "time-out" value in either apache or mysql that might prohibit the loading of the full file (approx 72mb). If there is which values do I need to change in the config/ini files to increase the time-out value?

The program I am using requires a newer version of PHP 7.X. Is there a way of upgrading php in wamp to version 7?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2018 04:59AM by ricklach.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hang-up when importing data
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: July 09, 2018 09:10AM

Hi,

> Is there a way of upgrading php in wamp to version 7?
- Verify that all VC ++ packages are installed and with the latest versions.
To do this, use the tool:
Checks VC++ packages installed
And you will find all the packages on [wampserver.aviatechno.net] in section Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages
Do not forget that if you have a 64 bit Windows, you must install both 32 and 64 bit versions of each package.
You must install each package "as an administrator", so right-click the exe file and then run as Administrator.
Do not use a previously loaded tool. Make a new download to make sure you are using the correct version.

- If it is not already done, apply Update 3.1.3 to your version of Wampserver
Wampserver update 3.1.3

Then you can download and install PHP "addons".
See WAMPserver 3 - All you need to know

> none of the data (blobs) are being loaded into the mysql table as they should be
Exact et complete error message ?

The current import limits via PhpMyAdmin are:
- max time 360 sec
- max file size 128M
These limits can be modified in the file wamp\alias\phpmyadmin.conf

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.