wampserver 3.1.0
Posted by: nadra (---.252.47.206.ADSL.ZS1.dynamic.ltt.ly)
Date: January 06, 2018 09:35PM

hello
please I install wampserver 3.1.0 and when I copy my projects under www and open localhost on wamp they opened but when click the project under my projects they transfer the url from localhost to http:my project and I cant open the project ?? and when I used wamserver 2.4 its ok the same steps whats the problem and how to solve it?
Thanks
Nadrah

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2018 09:39PM by nadra.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wampserver 3.1.0
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: January 06, 2018 09:50PM

Hi,

You must use VirtualHost for your local sites, just like any other hosting provider. See The need for Virtual Host

The problem is that almost nobody knows that when you create a site at a webhost, in the end you do it in a VirtualHost created by the webhost.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: nadra (---.252.47.206.ADSL.ZS1.dynamic.ltt.ly)
Date: January 06, 2018 10:14PM

Hi
Thanks for your reply and you mean its neccessary with wampserver 3.1.0 not like wamp2.4 ??

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: January 07, 2018 06:15PM

It would be good to upgrade to the latest version of WAMPServer i.e. 3.1.1 but it is not necessary.

Virtual Hosts has been a feature of Apache for many years now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: nadra (---.252.36.249.ADSL.ZS1.dynamic.ltt.ly)
Date: January 07, 2018 09:30PM

hi
Thanks again and I solved my problem when I want to go to my project I wrote localhost/myp project not under myprojects so its ok for me because I didnt want to configure virualhost
Thanks
Nadrah

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: January 08, 2018 09:41AM

Hi,

The need for Virtual Host You should have read right to the end, because the solution you have applied is at the end, but then you could have applied it automatically.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.