localhost not showing up
Posted by: Matt Stevens (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: February 25, 2006 04:09AM

Hey all installed WAMP and I have both services running, however when I click localhost or phpadmin Firefox comes up but loads nothing, and it disables my internet connection completely, only after closing my browser does it get resolved. PLEASE HELP!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: localhost not showing up
Date: February 25, 2006 05:04PM

Bump, PLEASE HELP

Posted by: guest (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: February 25, 2006 08:42PM

I think I have the same problem. When I go to http:\\localhost it says 'Invalid syntax error' on the page title bar.

Date: February 25, 2006 11:31PM

Ok someone please explain this to me. When I type in localhost my browser does nothing then it disconnects my internet, and only by closing the browser can I surf again. However when I type in [127.0.0.1] I go right to the WAMP page and can access PHPMyAdmin and everything else? The little menu bar down in the services area has a button to go straight to phpMyAdmin and LocalHost, but they do exactly what localhost does. Is there a way to change the path to [127.0.0.1]

PLEASE HELP!

Posted by: RealNubSlayer (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 25, 2006 11:55PM

Okay, if it says incalid syntax that might mean that your script is wrong.. debug your scripts.. and make sure the wampserver icon doesn't have any color to it, just black and white... if it has yellow or red then your mysql or apache or both is down

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: February 26, 2006 10:27AM

If it says invalid syntax, it means you are not running apache and mysql. you need to start apache and mysql before you can access localhost.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.