I Lost All Data Files After Uninstall
Posted by: c a g a t a y (---.sebit.com.tr)
Date: April 20, 2017 10:44AM

Hi all
I am using wamp 3.0.6 (x64) with windows 10
Because of wamp was so slow I treid to uninstall/reinstall wamp yesterday
I lost everything
tried 3 receovry tools (Seagate Recovery, Pandora and Recover My File)
Nothing found in C:\wamp64 folder

Does anyone know "Where they go wamp64 files after uninstall"?
Please please help

Regards

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I Lost All Data Files After Uninstall
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: April 20, 2017 01:55PM

Hi,

> Does anyone know "Where they go wamp64 files after uninstall"?
All the files have gone into galactic immensity and it's totally your responsibility.

When you start the uninstall procedure, you are notified by a message:

WARNING: If you have not backed up your local sites and your databases they will be destroyed.
Do you really want to uninstall Wampserver?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: April 20, 2017 04:14PM

Hi Oto

Your English is getting much better! I wish my French was as good!!

Galactic Immensity .... I am thinking of a Vacation there this summer, I will look for the guys files when I am there if you think that might help?

smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2017 04:20PM by RiggsFolly.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: April 20, 2017 08:40PM

Hi,

There are times when I wonder if it's worth spending time creating warning messages.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: SimonT (---.lightspeed.stlsmo.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 30, 2017 04:26AM

Otto,

As someone who has been writing software, user documentation, and technical documentation since 1973 (as well as moving on to systems work - operating systems, telecommunications, etc) I often have the same thought as you:

>"There are times when I wonder if it's worth spending time creating warning messages.

I once heard someone telling an employee how to use some new software. At one point he said -

"The most important thing about using a computer is reading and understanding everything on the screen."

He was not a technical person, he owned the company and was introducing a new employee to the software they used for the business.

I often use his statement when working with someone who is learning to using software and is not actually reading the screen.

Simon

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.