Wamp 3 Upgrade - PHP Extensions Directory Overwritten
Posted by: aaronkreider (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: March 02, 2017 11:25PM

I recently installed the latest version of WAMP (3.06, 64 bit). I followed the upgrade instructions.

I am having a problem with the PHP extensions directory. PHPInfo() says that I'm using c:/php/ext
whereas my php.ini file says: extension_dir ="m:/wamp/bin/php/php7.0.10/ext/"

It looks like it tries to load the php.ini from c:\windows, but that is not present, so according to phpinfo it uses the proper one:

Configuration File (php.ini) Path C:\WINDOWS
Loaded Configuration File M:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.23\bin\php.ini

This loaded php.ini is a symlink which points to
m:/wamp/bin/php/php7.0.10/php.ini -- which has the proper extensions directory.

As it uses the wrong extensions directory, my extensions don't load.

I'm confused - as I don't see c:/php/ext used anywhere. I've tried restarting all the services, and rebooting. php is not in my windows environmental path settings.

I do not have a c:/php directory

I'm using Windows 8.1, PHP 7.0.10, Apache 2.4.23, MySQL 5.7.14. Wamp is working fine otherwise.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2017 12:25AM by aaronkreider.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wamp 3 Upgrade - PHP Extensions Directory
Posted by: aaronkreider (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: March 03, 2017 12:34AM

I finally checked php error log. There was a typo in my php.ini file that caused it to fail.

It works now!

While this is rather embarrassing, I'm keeping this thread in case anyone has this problem in the future.

Re: Wamp 3 Upgrade - PHP Extensions Directory
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: March 03, 2017 12:49AM

Well if you want the thread kept open, it is only any use to others if you tell us which toes it was that you shot off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.