files not updating edits
Posted by: naveen73 (---.zen.net.uk)
Date: December 16, 2015 02:42PM

Hi,
Got a bit of strange question. I downloaded Netbeans (IDE) and installed a Wordpress theme on my localhost to practice.
I want to make changes to a particular part of the header. This part is just text .

I go to Netbeans and find all the files (using Ctrl-F) in which this text is and start changing each one of them.

After saving these files in Netbeans I go to my browser. When pressing F5 to refresh the browser, the old text/telephone still shows up on my browser. However, when I do a search in Netbeans I am not able to find a file contains that old text/telephone. Is the browser picking up a file with the previous text? If so, I am not able to find it.

I learned on several forums that this could have to do with WAMP server that saved the cache (have not clue what this means to be honest, so please be gentlesmiling smiley. Is that correct?

What am I doing wrong? Please help.

Thanks,

Nav

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: files not updating edits
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: December 16, 2015 03:21PM

Hi,

Not unless you have turned one of the caching extension on, No

However the browser can cache things, so first try refreshing the browser cache using CTRL+F5

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: naveen73 (---.range81-147.btcentralplus.com)
Date: December 16, 2015 11:54PM

Hi Riggsfolly,

Thanks for coming back to me so soon.

I was just wondering if you could tell me re. "Not unless you have turned one of the caching extension on, No" how to turn off the caching extension just to make sure that that is out of the way.

Also, I tried Ctrl-F5 but the problem keeps coming back. Still nothing uploading in Chrome and in Mozilla.

thanks,

nav

Date: December 17, 2015 11:50AM

Ok first lets find out what versions of everything youare using, can you answer these questions for us please

[forum.wampserver.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: naveen73 (---.range81-147.btcentralplus.com)
Date: December 26, 2015 03:42PM

ok,

Let's go for it:

1 - Windows version used (Specify version number AND whether 32 or 64 bit)
==> Win 7 64 bit

2 - Version WampServer (Specify version number AND whether 32 or 64 bit)
Wampserver 2.5

3 - Apache Version
4 - PHP Version
==> Apache/2.4.9 (Win64) PHP/5.5.12 Server at localhost Port 80

5 - MySQL Version
==> 5.6.17

6 - What color is the WampServer icon (in the notification area of the taskbar)
==> Green

7 - In the file c:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts, what are the active lines with the name [localhost] in them?
* Active means no # at the beginning of the line.
The following two
127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.0.1 localhost

If the WampServer icon is green:

8 - Do you have access to localhost (Homepage WampServer)?
==> Yes

9 - Do you have access to phpMyAdmin?
==> Yes

10 - If you refer to an error message, please include the EXACT wording of the error in your post
not applicable
11 - If you use an Antivirus and / or Firewall, please include the names of these
==> I use AVG

12 - What is the full path to the installation of WampServer (eg D:\wamp\)
==> C:\wamp

Thanks agian,

naveen

Date: December 27, 2015 05:49PM

This looks like a good tutorial [stackoverflow.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.