config.ini.php
Posted by: kirti (---.cable.ubr03.newm.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: February 15, 2006 01:26AM

I was getting the error:
Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
while connecting to the database

I followed the instructions from one of the threads and now i've got a new error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_LOGICAL_OR in c:\wamp\phpmyadmin\config.inc.php on line 45

Can anyone help? thank you so much

these are the instructions i followed:

please check your config.inc.php and make sure change

C:\wamp\phpmyadmin\config.inc.php

line 31

find

$cfg['blowfish_secret'] = '';

change to this one

$cfg['blowfish_secret'] = 'http'; or $cfg['blowfish_secret'] = 'cookie';

line 71

find

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = '';

change to this one

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'http'; or $cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'cookie';

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: config.ini.php
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: February 15, 2006 01:56AM

did you change your mysql password. open c:\wamp\phpmyadmin\config.inc.php and edit line 70:
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = '';

Change this to:
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'Your_MySQL_Password';

obviously, change Your_MySQL_Password to what changed your password to.

Date: February 15, 2006 02:00AM

basically I couldn't find anything on the internet so re-installed wampserver. nevermind. now when i try to run my php code the following error is coming:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\wamp\www\combo.php on line 10

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\wamp\www\combo.php on line 12

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: A link to the server could not be established in C:\wamp\www\combo.php on line 12

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\wamp\www\combo.php on line 16

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in C:\wamp\www\combo.php on line 16

Error doing a select: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Warning: mysql_close(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in C:\wamp\www\combo.php on line 39

do i still need to have a password? or is there some other problem.
thanks for your last reply

Date: February 15, 2006 02:24AM

hey! its allright! I found the answer to it. basically I have not set up user privileges and access to mysql which was the problem. When i installed mySql i did't give root a password

So i need to connect as follows:

mysql_connect('localhost','root','');

offcourse if i have a password i need to use that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.