after install error message - yellow icon - "only 1 of 2 services running - Server Offline
Posted by: ejooje (---.sip.cae.bellsouth.net)
Date: November 24, 2007 05:10PM

After Wamp Server install yellow icon and a message "only 1 of 2 services running - Server Offline" . When I stopped and restarted all services I still get this yellow icon and the message when I run my cursor over the icon. When I test the Port 80 I get a DOS message that: "Your Port 80 is actually being used by Microsoft IIS/5.1". How can i fix this situation so that I can run Wamp. I have tried both the 2.0 version and even the 1.72 version. I get same results with both. I can't get both services running at same time. I know video production and web design but am hardware and application server challenged. Please be a specific as possible. Thanks for any help you can give. Joe in Columbia SC

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: after install error message - yellow icon - "only 1 of 2 services running - Server Offline
Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 24, 2007 06:04PM

IIS and apache/wamp are both web server and both use port 80, so you have to disable iis in order for wamp to work

Disable IIS in Vista:

Uninstall Programs, Turn Widows Features On or Off, uncheck Internet Information Services

Disable IIS in XP:

Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, uncheck Internet Information Services (IIS)

Restart computer, then restart wamp

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Re: after install error message - yellow icon - "only 1 of 2 services running - Server Offline
Posted by: ejooje (---.sip.cae.bellsouth.net)
Date: November 24, 2007 08:29PM

Thanks!

It worked and now I have the white icon.

Joe

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: November 24, 2007 09:54PM

Posted by: brianfournier (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: December 05, 2007 05:40PM

I am also very new to this sort of process of setting up
a local server etc.

I checked add/remove components and then checked
installed windows components and noticed
that main difference is that when I look for the
"IIS" component its not installed in my computer.

I have the same problem with the exception that
I don't know how to test the port.

I rebooted my computer after installation and checked
to see if Winamp was working but I still have the same problem.

I don't know what I am doing wrong I can't get all the services working
together.

If someone could help this newbie, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks from Brampton Canada,

Brian Fournier

Date: December 05, 2007 06:42PM

Check to see which service is not running by left click on wamp tray icon, then Apache/Mysql, then Service; if Start/Resume Service is grey out mean that instance is not runnng; mostly apache is the one, so make sure you already enabled port 80 in all firewalls, and don't have anything that run on port 80 such as iis, skype, internet optimizer, so on

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: brianfournier (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: December 06, 2007 02:45AM

Hi,

I checked to see which program is not running
and it seems that 'MySql' is the program that is not running.
How can i fix this problem?

And how do I check to see if port 80 is in use?
I am sure that this is a simple question but I don't know
the answer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Brian Fournier

Posted by: orson4music (193.238.30.---)
Date: December 08, 2007 02:54PM

After installing Xampp while i still had WampServer installed. since then my apache service has refused to start.

The error is: could not execute menu item (internal error) [exception] could not perform service action: the pipe state is invalid

Please help

Date: December 08, 2007 03:03PM

@ brianfournier
Port 80 is for apache and for mysql is port 3306, so check to make sure you don't have any other db using that port, even you've already uninstall previous db, you still need to clean its registry before installing this wamp. If you've already tried to enable mysql and mysqli extension and didn't help, you might consider to uninstall, delete folders, clean registries, restart computer, then reinstall wamp

@ orson4music
2 web servers can't run at same time, as you figure, xampp already took over, so you might want to stick w/ it for a while until you decide not to have it then you can uninstall BOTH xampp and wamp, delete their folders, clean their registries, restart computer, then reinstall only this wamp

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: Mattjie (---.virtua.com.br)
Date: November 14, 2009 11:47PM

I have a similar problem.
I use Windows 7 x86

I've just installed wampserver in my pc, but after i start it, apears a yellow icon and a message "only 1 of 2 services running - Server Offline" .And i can't even try a left or right click button on it because nothing happens.
When I try to access my localhost it goes to the IIS page.
I've already tried to go to--> Uninstall Programs, Turn Widows Features On or Off, uncheck Internet Information Services,after this i reboot my pc but the problem persist, i still acess the iis page.
And I really need to use wampserver because i have a project to do and it must be done using wampserver and dreamweaver .
Please help me =/

Date: November 16, 2009 05:38AM

Posted by: madhur (125.99.0.---)
Date: May 27, 2015 03:07PM

Wamp server shows an error of "only one of the 2 services is running - server error" and it is of orange color.
I tried lot of thing i.e uninstall Skype and disable IIS after that server shows same error and after clicking on wamp its shows nothing.

please help me, i am in trouble i neend a use of the wamp server.

thank you,
madhur munjal

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: May 27, 2015 03:13PM

Hi madhur

Can you start by reading this post Read before you ask a question and answer the questions it asks. The troubleshooting tips may also help you fix the problem yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.