Support version for PHP version 5.4
Posted by: parshu2378 (220.225.201.---)
Date: May 27, 2015 09:55AM

Hello everyone,

I hosted my files and database in server. In that server php version is 5.4 (native) and phpmyadmin is 4.0.10.7
but when I downloaded wamp server 2.5 and installed. I am getting error in each page when I visit each page of software. So, please suggect me which version of Wamp I have to install so that my php application run smoothly as it working smoothly in online.

Parshu Saduwala
Software Developer
Mumbai

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Support version for PHP version 5.4
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: May 27, 2015 11:46AM

Hi Parshu

Can you be more specific about the errors that you are getting from PHP, or anywhere else as well please.

It would be helpful if you answered these questions so we know something about your environment as well
Read before you ask a question

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: May 27, 2015 12:01PM

My application working well in online. but in local I am getting error in each and every page. i thick its bcoz of version issue.

Date: May 27, 2015 12:25PM

WHAT ERRORS are you getting ????

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: May 27, 2015 12:29PM

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in C:\wamp\www\balaji\admin\login_check.php on line 97

and the home page of website not supporting php code only its showing html content and images.

Date: May 27, 2015 01:22PM

Oh that old problem...

Thats not a WAMPServer probelm thats just bad PHP coding.

You are supposed to develop code on a server that has error reporting turned on so these sort of errors are picked up and fixed before moving the code to a live server.
You are just seeing all the errors that should have been picked up when the code was developed.
I expect someone developed the code on a live server.

You can get round the problem of the errors being shown on the web pages by doing the following :-

Using the wampmanager menus do

- left click wampmanager icon -> PHP -> PHP Settings -> display errors

If the "Display Errors" has a TICK beside it, click the "Display Errors" link and that option in the php.ini file will be turned off. The bad coding errors will no longer be displayed on the browser

Alternatively you can do the config change to php.ini manually like so :-

- left click wampmanager icon -> PHP -> php.ini

This will load the php.ini file into notepad and you can search for
display_errors = On

And change it to
display_errors = On

The errors will still be placed in the "php error log"
Can I suggest that you fix them, your site will run more reliably if you do.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.