WAMP 3.0.4
Posted by: Peter.breidy (178.135.60.---)
Date: September 09, 2016 10:42AM

Hi,
I am currently using WAMP server V 3.0.4 to receive HTTP requests from a cloud service on the internet. However, these requests are not reaching my WAMP server hosted on my laptop, given that I did the modifications required in the vhosts.conf file and given that I applied port forwarding on port 80. Moreover, I did test it locally it worked. So my problem is that WAMP server is still unreachable from the internet.
If anyone has any suggestion, please post it here as soon as you can, thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP 3.0.4
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: September 09, 2016 11:31AM

Hi Peter

Interesting.

However I dont see this as a WAMPServer issue.

For us to help in any way we would need a lot more information about exactly what is going on in your particular situation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: September 09, 2016 12:29PM

Hi RiggsFolly,

So basically this cloud service provides an http callback method that is responsible of sending the data to my server(WAMP). The following is the callback method implemented: [PRIVATE] IP Address?id={device}&time={time}&data={data}. I am running a php script on my server that is responsible of extracting the data. However, when I simulate the cloud callback method service, I still receive a connection time out mark which indicates that the message could not reach its destination (WAMP server). Problem is, WAMP is unreachable from the cloud. Thank you in advance for your help.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: September 09, 2016 02:27PM

Can we see the Virtual Host definitions please

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: September 14, 2016 07:58AM

The following is the vhosts definition file located in C:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.18\conf\extra

#
# Virtual Hosts
#

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName localhost
DocumentRoot c:/wamp/www
<Directory "c:/wamp/www/">
Options +Indexes +FollowSymLinks +MultiViews
AllowOverride All
Require all granted
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Thank you!

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: September 14, 2016 05:08PM

Hi,

This is only for localhost. You need to have also a VirtualHost for the local site that use your script.
ServerName localhost
DocumentRoot c:/wamp/www
<Directory "c:/wamp/www/">
AllowOverride All
Require all granted
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

ServerName mysite
DocumentRoot c:/wamp/www/mysqite
<Directory "c:/wamp/www/mysite/">
AllowOverride All
Require all granted
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>
And in the hosts file
127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost
127.0.0.1 mysiqte
::1 mysite

The request from the cloud must address wamp_ip/mysite/

> when I simulate the cloud callback method service
It is not possible to call WAN_ip of the PC where the server is from this same PC.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2016 09:58AM by Otomatic.

Date: September 16, 2016 08:24AM

Hi Otomatic,

I did the modifications in the vhosts file, however, I couldn't find any file that contains the following(even in the httpd.conf file):
127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 loclahost

>The request from the cloud must address wamp_ip/mysite/

I did not understand how is this possible? Since wamp_ip is a local ip, whereas the WAN_ip is the ip given by my isp, to which I applied port forwarding on my router for it to forward directly to my pc local ip address (WAMP server ip address). PS: The cloud service is not reachable locally, it is located on the internet.

Thank you in advance!

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: September 16, 2016 10:01AM

Hi,

I couldn't find any file that contains the following(even in the httpd.conf file):
127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 loclahost
Typo : localhost, not loclahost. It is the file : C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

> Since wamp_ip is a local ip
Sorry, it is a typo : WAN_ip, not wamp_ip

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2016 10:04AM by Otomatic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.