IIS on localhost
Posted by: rbf46 (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: September 06, 2016 06:12PM

Hello,
I have today downloaded the current wampserver installation file (64 bit)(wampserver3.0.4_x64_apache2.4.18_mysql5.7.11_php5.6.19-7.0.4.exe). Before installing it I carefully implemented all the requirements in the troubleshooting tips, especially regarding the removal of anything related to IIS, which was installed in my Windows 7 Professional operating system, 64 bit. The only active lines on my hosts file are:
127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost

The ping tests described in the troubleshooting tip 9-2 on both 127.0.0.1 and ::1 both return the correct responses as shown in tip 9-2.

Nonetheless, the localhost, 127.0.0.1, stills shows the IIS Welcome page which links to Microsoft's www.iis.net domain name. This is still the case even if I use msconfig to do a "Selective Startup" with only basic system files.

Any other suggestions? Thanks very much.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: IIS on localhost
Posted by: nordinened (41.96.153.---)
Date: September 15, 2016 11:57PM

Hi,
What You need to use a third party server is to dedicate for it a Port other than the 80 which is by default reserved to IIS, and if You do not need the Microsoft server then the easiest way and that what I do; is to definitively deactivate (un-install) IIS and liberate the Port for Your preferred server: So to do so just go to the Windows' add/remove programs and deactivate the MS server from the Windows components.

Good lucks!

Re: IIS on localhost
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: September 16, 2016 10:03AM

Hi,

Point n° 08 of TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.