Wordpress Theme Errors
Posted by: style960 (---.plus.com)
Date: March 07, 2015 10:26AM

Hi,

I have a Wordpress install setup on Wamp (Windows 7). I can't install any theme using the uploader on a WAMP install - it will fail immediately with the "are you sure you want to do this?" message. So I copied the theme folder to wp-content/themes but when I open themes in admin, the following errors are returned:

Warning: fopen(D:\wamp\www\blindsetc/wp-content/themes/betheme/style.css): failed to open stream: Permission denied in D:\wamp\www\blindsetc\wp-includes\functions.php on line 4183

Warning: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in D:\wamp\www\blindsetc\wp-includes\functions.php on line 4186

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in D:\wamp\www\blindsetc\wp-includes\functions.php on line 4189

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\wamp\www\blindsetc\wp-includes\functions.php:4186) in D:\wamp\www\blindsetc\wp-includes\option.php on line 748

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\wamp\www\blindsetc\wp-includes\functions.php:4186) in D:\wamp\www\blindsetc\wp-includes\option.php on line 749

I have error reporting in php.ini suppressed, wp debug set to false, and granted full permissions to the 'themes' folder and subfolders in Windows.

My install in now unusable. Can you assist please?

Thanks,
Paul.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wordpress Theme Errors
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: March 07, 2015 11:18AM

Can we start with the answer to these question please, before we attempt an suggestions

[forum.wampserver.com]

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: March 07, 2015 11:52AM

When I say the site is unusable I only have to delete the theme folder I added to get it functional again. But some help in installing themes would be very much appreciated, it's the reason I installed WAMP.

Date: March 07, 2015 11:57AM

Can we start with the answer to these question please, before we attempt any suggestions

READ & ANSWER BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: March 07, 2015 12:49PM

Can I assume that you are not prepared to answer the above basic questions about your WAMPServer installation?

If so I will ask the moderator to remove this post completely.

Date: March 07, 2015 12:55PM

My mistake, I didn't see the link to the questions, I haven't used this forum before.

Win 7 Pro 64-bit
WAMP 2.5
Apache 2.4.9
PHP 5.5.12
MySQL 5.6.17
WAMP icon is green
Access to localhost is fine
Access to phymyadmin is fine
Error message as above upon installing any Wordpress theme beyond the default 2015 (included in latest version)
AV is Microsoft Security Essentials
Firewall is default Windows (allowed access for WAMP on home networks when prompted)
WAMP install path is D:\wamp

Thanks,
Paul.

Date: March 07, 2015 02:20PM

Hi Paul,

Ok so the best advice would be to create a Virtual Host to run WP in, reasons and how to are in this document.

Date: March 07, 2015 03:04PM

Ok, I'll have a look at this tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

Date: March 08, 2015 06:34PM

I've read through this and followed the instructions - I can access the sites as before but the problems installing and activating a theme remain. Errors given are identical as above.

Date: March 08, 2015 07:04PM

Can you show your Virtual Hosts definition please

Date: March 08, 2015 07:11PM

I removed the example text as directed and added this:

<VirtualHost *:80>
DocumentRoot "d:/wamp/www"
ServerName localhost
ServerAlias localhost
<Directory "d:/wamp/www">
AllowOverride All
Require local
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

DocumentRoot "d:/wamp/www/wordpress"
ServerName project1
<Directory "d:/wamp/www/wordpress">
AllowOverride All
Require local
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

DocumentRoot "d:/wamp/www/blindsetc"
ServerName project1
<Directory "d:/wamp/www/blindsetc">
AllowOverride All
Require local
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Date: March 09, 2015 09:56AM

Ok a couple of mistakes in that definitions set.

You have the same ServerName for the blindsetc and wordpress sites, they must be unique so try

DocumentRoot "d:/wamp/www/wordpress"
    ServerName wordpress
    <Directory "d:/wamp/www/wordpress">
        AllowOverride All
        Require local
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

DocumentRoot "d:/wamp/www/blindsetc"
    ServerName blindsetc
    <Directory "d:/wamp/www/blindsetc">
        AllowOverride All
        Require local
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

127.0.0.1   localhost blindsetc wordpress
::1    localhost blindsetc wordpress

Then launch the projects using 'http://blinksets' or 'http://wordpress' ( without the quotes )

And of course being a wordpress site you have to either install WP using the correct domainname or amend that WP database to contain the correct new domain name.

See [codex.wordpress.org]

Date: March 09, 2015 11:40PM

Thanks for sticking with this but still the same errors remain.

Date: March 10, 2015 12:09AM

Ok so I am out of ideas. Have you tried asking on the WP help site?

Date: March 10, 2015 12:20AM

I haven't tried the WP forums yet to be honest. I did just try installing XAMPP and I've been able to install WP and a theme without any problems. I think this is an issue with WAMP and been able to read/write to Windows folders/files (on this Windows install). I have used WAMP on my work machine recently without a problem. I guess I'll just stick to creating subdomains on live hosting.

Date: March 10, 2015 01:36AM

You say you installed a theme. Was it the same theme as was causing the problems on WAMPServer?

Posted by: style960 (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: March 10, 2015 09:25AM

Yeah - I've tested both installations with two themes - both installed fine on XAMMP, neither will install on WAMP. I've since uninstalled both and added a fresh install of WAMP which returned a permissions error on the WP login page. Within Windows I granted full control over the Wordpress folder (beneath www) to the Authenticated Users & Users groups, and the error was gone. The theme errors still persist though - I set the same permissions on the root WAMP folder and they should have propagated down, I don't think they are effectively.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.