Bring an existing site into WampServer
Posted by: conradhall (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: March 09, 2015 11:45PM

1 - Windows version used (Specify version number AND whether 32 or 64 bit)
Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit

2 - Version WampServer (Specify version number AND whether 32 or 64 bit)
Wampserver 2.5, 64 bit

3 - Apache Version

4 - PHP Version

5 - MySQL Version

6 - What color is the WampServer icon (in the notification area of the taskbar)
The icon is green

I have implemented the advice from the forum post "WAMPServer 2.5 The Homepage, Your Projects Menu and the need for Virtual Hosts"

I am using the WordPress plugin Duplicator to copy a live site into Wampserver. This plugin requires the ServerName to be the same as the live domain name.

I know this is a problem because there is a note in the forum post:
NOTE: It is not a good idea to use a ServerName or ServerAlias that is the same as your live domain name, as if we had used example.com as the ServerName it would mean we could no longer get to the real live site from this PC as it would direct example.com to 127.0.0.1 i.e. this PC and not out onto the internet.

I have stopped the copying process because of this issue. I would like to know how to resolve it before completing the duplication process.

Can I simply copy the files into a differently named directory (using FTP) and re-run the wp-activate.php file?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bring an existing site into WampServer
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: March 10, 2015 12:13AM

From the Wordpress Duplicator site homepage:

Developers

This tool is great to move WordPress or backup WordPress sites and for pulling a production site down onto your local machine for testing and validation. It also works good for developing locally and then pushing up to a production server for a first time site release.

It seems to me you need to investigate how this is achieved using the tool you have.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.