WAMP server issues running
Posted by: lindsycarter (---.evrt.wa.frontiernet.net)
Date: February 04, 2015 06:42PM

System: Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 8gb RAM.

WAMP is not always restarting services when I "wake up" laptop or restart. I have only had luck reinstalling it in order to get running. I am also having a problem deleting the databases through phpmyadmin. On recommendation I have changed the config.default.php file to reflect AllowUserDropDatabase = true. that didnt work and have changed it back to false.

What I am wondering, is how to drop databases (what am I missing?) and how to I delete all of wamp and hopefully start over to fix the service issue (I can not delete all the files in the wamp directory after uninstalling the program)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP server issues running
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: February 05, 2015 11:15AM

Hi Lindsy,

Well if you cannot delete the \wamp folder I would assume that either the MySQL(wampmysqld) or Apache(wampapache) service has not been uninstalled. Possibly with all the installing and uninstalling you have more than one service that still thinks its installed

Use The Windows Services snapin to view the installed services.

run services.msc

Wamp installs Apache as a service called wampapache and MySQL as a service called either wampmysqld or wampmysqld64 if you installed the 64bit WAMPServer.

Is one or more of those still in the list of services

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: lindsycarter (---.evrt.wa.frontiernet.net)
Date: February 11, 2015 01:57AM

Thank you. Following your recommendation I see that I currently have wampmysqld still there (not running) and WAMP is currently not installed at the moment. I'm not sure how to remove that service

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: February 11, 2015 02:16AM

You can remove (delete) a Windows Service from the command line.

Launch a Windows command prompt, using the "Run as Administrator" menu option ( you need to have admin privilages to do this )
(shift + right_click on the Command prompt icon)

Then run this command

sc delete wampmysqld

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.