[RESOLVED] icon is orange and cant connect to localhost
Posted by: Walrock (---.lightspeed.bcvloh.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 06, 2015 05:30PM

1 - Windows version used: Windows7 64bit
2 - Version WampServer 2.5 64bit
3 - Apache Version 2.4.9
4 - PHP Version 5.5.12
5 - MySQL Version 5.6.17
6 - Orange

I downloaded the package, and came into trouble with it running because i needed msvcr110.dll, so i installed it. mysql works, but when i try to open phpmyadmin, it opens a new tab in google chrome, and i get the following message :
this web page is not available
Google Chrome's connection attempt to localhost was rejected. The website may be down, or your network may not be properly configured.

Im not sure what to do, i have read a few forums and i cannot find the answer. ive stopped all services, and started again, ive put online and offline again. ive uninstalled and reinstalled....im at a loss, can someone please help me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2015 04:59PM by Otomatic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: icon is orange and cant connect to localhost
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: February 06, 2015 07:07PM

Please answer these question and there are also some trouble shooting tip in here as well

Its a Sticky post called READ BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: February 10, 2015 02:28PM

i tried all of that before i made this post. so with that being said, do you have any more ideas?

Date: February 10, 2015 04:47PM

Ah yes sorry,

Well you mention that the wampmanager icon is Orange.

This means that one of the services Apache(wampapache) or MySQL(wampmysqld or wampmysqld64) have not started.

I think we can assume it is Apache that has not started as you say MySQL is working.

It could be a number of things but first lets make sure you have all the required MSVC Runtimes installed, see this post and note that you need the MSVC 2008(32bit) runtime installed as well as the 64bit one as wampmanager.exe is a 32bit app and uses that runtime even on 64bit Windows.

I note you do not mention the answers to 6(a) or 6(d) so have you looked at the WINDOWS EVENT VIEWER for message from APACHE? If so what were they? If not please do and tell us what they say if you cannot work out what is wrong yourself!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: February 10, 2015 04:55PM

well i have no idea what happened, but i tried to re-install it again, its been a few days so i figured i should started over with a fresh client again, and when i restarted my computer, somehow its green and everything is working...so uh, yay! sorry for the inconvenience!

Re: [RESOLVED] icon is orange and cant connect to localhost
Date: February 10, 2015 05:59PM

As if by magic!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.