Windows 10 anniversary update
Posted by: quisse (---.access.telenet.be)
Date: August 13, 2016 06:22PM

Hi,

Today my windows 10 automagically updated to the anniversary version. Since then i can't make my projects in www, vhosts and aliases work. (before this update everything worked just fine...)
At the moment i get the access denied (http 403) error.
Does anyone have any idea what's happened/happening and/or how i can solve this?

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Windows 10 anniversary update
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: August 13, 2016 09:09PM

Hi,

Check that it has not replaced the hosts files

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: quisse (---.59-247-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be)
Date: August 15, 2016 03:28PM

Hi,

The hosts file is still present with my hosts included...

Date: August 15, 2016 03:34PM

OK what colour is the WAMPManager icon in th System tray?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: August 15, 2016 07:09PM

Hi,

There is anyway stuff I have trouble understanding.

Under my Windows 10 version 1511, I have two installations of Wampserver, a 32-bit and one 64 bit.
On each of these versions there are thirteen VirtualHost in four different disk locations including two on network drives.

Six hours earlier, I went through Windows Update to upgrade to Windows 1607 (Windows 10 anniversary update). The update took about an hour and several reboots.
After this update, the two Wampserver are still fully operational (without any modification) and all my VirtualHost are fully accessible without having to do anything.

And for many, many years, I've never seen an application that is uninstalled alone surreptitiously.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: Niftydog (---.181-95-58.telecom.net.ar)
Date: August 16, 2016 02:34AM

<Win 10 Entp. r1511 64 bit><Wampserver 32bit 3.0.5-Apache 2.4.18>
Actually W10 mess with drivers, programs that MS consider unsafe or susceptible of mess with the OS....and certainly the spying you thing which is a PiA. Upgrade from win 8.1 have wiped the unist000.exe from all Adobe cloud programs, which I had to reinstall over the old ones, which worked without hitches.Many others like Word perfect or Corel Painter or QuarkXpress has'nt been affected.
I have partitioned my HDs so I have one primary for system only, one for programs where I've installed Wamp and my VH's and one for data. Even that Wampserver has disappeared from the installed programs list, but can be unistalled if i wish because Wampserver has it's unistall000.exe in the Wamp folder but the copy in C which is used by the system to unistall has been lost. Even I've did backups, I'm not sure about the actual location used by Win 10. Wamp works great and I've have updated to 3.05 without glitches. May be I suggest you the hard way, deinstall (the unist000.exe is in %%/wamp) and reinstall in the same location. This week is scheduled the release of the update for my actual version. I have done a backup of the wamp installation. Eventually I will restore and see if it works.

Date: August 16, 2016 10:03AM

Hi

During early releases of W10 (Insider Preview) eash install would appear to uninstall WAMPServer. Well in fact all that had happened was that the Apache and MySQL services were not re-applied and the wampmanager icon was not replaced in the start menu, the \wamp folder was not touched.

All that I had to do was recreate the wampmanager shortcut on the desktop and re-install the Apache and MySQL Services using wampmanager.

This I did like this:

Make a shortcut of \wamp\wampmanager.exe and place it on the desktop

Run WAMPServer

Using the wampmanager menus, re install APache and MySQL

left click wampmanager icon in system tray -> MySQL -> Service Administration -> Install Service
left click wampmanager icon in system tray -> Apache -> Service Administration -> Install Service

I hope this may be what is happenin to you and it may make recovery more simple.

This activity of removing Apache and MySQL stopped quite quickly and has not happened again since.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: August 16, 2016 10:29AM

Hi,

> During early releases of W10 (Insider Preview)
OK, with Insider Preview it was the case ; we have to reinstall services.

As I explain, It was not the case with Windows Update 1511 -> 1607.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: quisse (---.62-180-91.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be)
Date: August 16, 2016 08:05PM

Re-cloning the repository did the job, perhaps win 10 update messed up some file permissions or settings? (this is strange, right?)

Also thanks for all the help ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2016 08:06PM by quisse.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.