phpMyAdmin
Posted by: justaeagle (---.dynamic.chello.pl)
Date: August 06, 2016 03:30PM

Dear friends!

I have downloaded the latest version of WampServer (i.e.: Wampserver 64 bits & PHP 5.6.15 & PHP 7; Apache : 2.4.17 MySQL : 5.7.9). All is green. I have change for a localhost:8000 to avoid problems with port 80.

I face the problem when I click on the [localhost]. What I see is the login page, but I don't know what the username is and the password as well. I have not registered before or anything else. What should I do?

Thank you and cheers,

justaeagle

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: phpMyAdmin
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: August 06, 2016 03:50PM

Hi

All MYSQL installs come with a default Super User account with the name `root`, the WAMPServer install is no different. The password is not set, by that I mean there is no password

So enter

Username = root
Password = [leave this blank]

Press the Go button

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: phpMyAdmin
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: August 06, 2016 04:02PM

Hi,

> I have change for a localhost:8000 to avoid problems with port 80.
What problems ? With what ?

> What I see is the login page, but I don't know what the username is and the password as well.
The crazy clicker has struck again!
At the end of Installation of Wampserver 3.0.0 (which is not the latest version, this is version 3.0.4) there is a message that says exactly:
--- Launch phpMyAdmin
When starting phpMyAdmin, you will be asked for a user name and password.
After installing Wampserver 3, the default username is "root" (without quotes) and there is no password, which means that you must leave the form Password box empty.

And this information is included in the file: wamp64\read_after_install-english.txt

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.