DNS look-up failed
Posted by: graphomet (---.thoms4.vic.optusnet.com.au)
Date: December 14, 2014 09:59AM

Good evening forum.

I have recently installed WAMP and I can access all its features, its working and I can see my phpmyadmin and all. But just before I can actually start developing my wordpress which seems to be the last step of the tutorials Im following Im getting this message:

The server at wordpress can't be found because the DNS look-up failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network.

Did you mean [wordpress.com]?
Did you mean [wordpress.org]?
Did you mean [wordpress.net]?

Where have I gone wrong? the steps of the tutorials Im following are pretty much spot on. But I bump into that last step which is preventing me from being able to make that breakthrough.

Kind regards.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DNS look-up failed
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: December 14, 2014 04:32PM

Hello,

I have no idea what tutorial you are following or what you have done to generate this message !!

Please answer these questions [forum.wampserver.com]

Quite honestly installing WordPress is simple see 5 minute install

But you are advised to create a Virtual Host for each project especially WordPress installations.

See [forum.wampserver.com] for help setting up Virtual Hosts

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.