multi user access on wamp for students
Posted by: kferguson (212.219.188.---)
Date: July 07, 2016 02:23PM

Hi Guys

We are running Web server scripting for our learners. I have wamp installed on Windows server 2008. I'm wanting the learners to access their webspace so they can upload their scripts to, then run the code from their web browser, checking it works ok.

If someone can point me in the right direction for setup and configuration I'm happy to do the research and testing?

Thanks
Kevin

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: multi user access on wamp for students
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: July 08, 2016 01:07AM

Hi,

This is not really what this site is for, and before making any suggestions we would need to know a lot more about what you are actually asking us to comment on

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: kferguson (90.255.166.---)
Date: July 19, 2016 12:17PM

Hello the idea, is for each student to have their own web space so they can upload their php scripts to the server. for example the scripts are uploaded to kferguson directory, then I would test if the script works, [localhost].

If Wamp is not designed for this then I presume LAMP might be a better option hopefully?

Regards
Kevin

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: July 19, 2016 03:31PM

WAMPServer will do it. Afterall WAMPServer is Apache/MYSQL/PHP and if apache can so it WAMPServer can do it.

However once WAMPServer is installed and running it is all yours to do with whatever you want.

I suggest you hit the Apache documentation and as many books as you can get from your library.

I am afraid we cannot support users with any and every feature of these servers!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.