Apache not starting with PHP7
Posted by: RhoVisions (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 06, 2016 05:45AM

In an effort to learn more about server configs and what not, I decided to try setting up PHP7 within my current WAMP2.5 environment. I had a good deal of trouble, but finally was able to get PHP7 to show up as an installed PHP version in the WAMP menu. But the problem is when I try to start all services, MySQL starts up but Apache does not. There's nothing in the Apache or PHP error logs. I know I can install a new version of WAMP to get PHP7, but I want to learn more about debugging and getting this stuff setup.

Does anyone have advice on figuring out why Apache refuses to start up?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Apache not starting with PHP7
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: July 06, 2016 09:29AM

Hi,

There are no addon PHP 7 for Wampserver 2.5.

However, you can upgrade Wampserver 2.5 to Wampserver 3.0.3 then apply update 3.0.4 and then you can use addons PHP 7.0. * That work perfectly.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Re: Apache not starting with PHP7
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: July 06, 2016 10:10AM

Look in the Windows Event Viewer for messages from Apache. If Apache fails it will write errors here if the error happens before it gets to open its own log file.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.