error code 1
Posted by: mackle133 (---.ttml.co.in)
Date: June 16, 2016 08:23AM

HI,
I am trying to install processmaker on my windows 8.1 using wamp.After making the changes required for apache, the wamp icon stays red. I have checked the port, it is free for usage. However, when I checked for the msc services and click on wampapache64 it gives me the error code 1.

Windows could not start the wampapache64 on local computer. For more information,review the System event log .If this is a non-microsoft service,contact the service vendor,and refer to service-specific error code1.

I read the previous topics, none of them help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: error code 1
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: June 16, 2016 09:41AM

Hi,

> After making the changes required for apache
What changes ?

You absolutely must not make manual changes in the Apache files.
The CMS and Web applications must be installed in a VirtualHost and require no direct modification of the Apache files.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: mackle133 (---.ttml.co.in)
Date: June 18, 2016 07:04AM

Hey,

I followed the steps given in the documentation online for the installation of processmaker using Wamp.
Using the link below-

wiki.processmaker.com/3.0/Processmaker_WAMP_Installation

1) I edited the hosts file in system32 folder, added processmaker.dev to the local host. It gave me the same wamp server page.

2) Then I went to the httpd.conf file in wamp's bin, and uncommented the required modules for processmaker

3)After that I opened the extra folder in conf and edited the httpd_vhosts.conf file, and included the processmaker directives required for apache 2.4.x.

4) After saving the files,I restarted the wamp server, and it won't turn green.

I searched for the possible workouts for this on the web. The port was fine. So I checked for the msc services and when I tried to start the wampapache64 ,it gave me the error code 1.

Thanks.

Date: June 18, 2016 09:28AM

Hi,

I repeat for the last time:
You absolutely must not make manual changes in the Apache files.

You have also the glaring proof that seeing with the changes requested by ProcessMaker it does not function.
Moreover, the procedure is for Wampserver 2.4 or 2.5 that are obsolete.

So you put Wampserver in the initial state after installation and you see if it works, then:

- 1 - You must use VirtualHost: The need for Virtual Host
- 2 - You create a VirtualHost for processmaker (With Wampserver 3.0.4 it is done with three clicks: Wampserver 3 - Create or add a VirtualHost)
- 3 - You install processmaker in this VirtualHost
- 4 - You add the required Apache modules by Wampmanager menu's
Wampmanager tray icon -> Apache -> Apache modules -> then check needed modules

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2016 10:15AM by Otomatic.

Date: June 18, 2016 03:57PM

Hi,

To show you that you can install and run ProcessMaker, I'll do it really on WampServer 32bit 3.0.4 with Apache 2.4.18, PHP 5.6.22 (PHP 7.0.0 is not supported) and MySQL 5.6. 31 (MySQL 5.7 not supported). And yes, before you install a web or CMS application, you must read the prerequisites and do not blindly follow the procedures but have some thought.

Check, and if necessary validate the following Apache modules:
alias_module
deflate_module
expires_module
filter_module
headers_module
rewrite_module
vhost_alias_module
This is done by
Wampmanager icon -> Apache -> Apache modules

Download processmaker-3.0.1.8-community.tar.gz
Extract the dowloaded file in a temporary folder
Move the extracted folder to: g:/opt/processmaker and keep note of this location.
(Note : I use g: instead of c: as mentionned in the wiki)

With 'http://localhost/add_vhost.php' create a VirtualHost with :
Name of the Virtual Host : processmaker.dev
Complete absolute path of the VirtualHost folder : g:/opt/processmaker

Restart DNS when asked :
- Right-Click Wampmanager Tray Icon -> Tools -> Restart DNS
Wait for icon goes green.

Check, and if necessary validate following PHP extension:
php_ldap
php_soap
This is done by
Wampmanager icon -> PHP -> PHP extensions

Check, and if necessary validate following PHP parameter:
short open tag
This is done by:
Wampmanager icon -> PHP -> PHP settings

In this case, we have to manually edit Apache file.
Edit c:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.18\conf\extra\httpd-vhosts.conf file
to obtain:
# Virtual Hosts
#

<VirtualHost *:80>
	ServerName localhost
	DocumentRoot c:/wamp/www
	<Directory  "c:wamp/www/">
		Options +Indexes +Includes +FollowSymLinks +MultiViews
		AllowOverride All
		Require local
	</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
	ServerName processmaker.dev
	DocumentRoot "g:/opt/processmaker/workflow/public_html"
	DirectoryIndex authorization.php
	<Directory "g:/opt/processmaker/workflow/public_html">
	AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
	AllowOverRide none
	Options FollowSymlinks
	Require all granted
	RewriteEngine on
	<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
		RewriteEngine On
		RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
		RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /app.php [QSA,L,NC]
	</IfModule>
	ExpiresActive On
	ExpiresDefault "access plus 1 day"
	ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 1 day"
	ExpiresByType image/png "access plus 1 day"
	ExpiresByType image/jpg "access plus 1 day"
	ExpiresByType text/css "access plus 1 day"
	ExpiresByType text/javascript "access plus 1 day"
	AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html
	</Directory>
</VirtualHost>
Warning : MY installation of processmaker is in g:/opt/... modify with your path.

Save the modified file then Restart DNS another time.

Now from the localhost page, if we launch the VirtualHost processmaker.dev, it works ! We have the processmaker preinstallation check page then after entering some configuration steps, processmaker works :
ProcessMaker was successfully installed
Workspace " workflow " was installed correctly.

CQFD - QED - This was to be demonstrated

Posted by: SimonT (---.lightspeed.stlsmo.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 19, 2016 02:21AM

A tip - Otomatic, and others responsible for WAMP are French, English is not their first spoken language. Perhaps you noticed that there is a French version of the support forum??

Sometimes their use of English is not perfect - you need to think a bit on some of them.

If I tried to use the Spanish I am supposed to have learned in high school, I'd get as far as saying "Hello, how are you? and might not be able to understand their answer.

Cut these folks a bit of slack and remember they are communicating with you in what is to them a "foreign" language - but they know it better than some native English speakers I know.

When Otomatic says to "validate" something, he means to "check" something.

When he said:

"Check, and if necessary validate the following Apache modules:"

He meant to go and made sure the those Apache modules were "checked" on the "Apache modules" menu - that is, that they have a check mark in front of each of them.

You get to the "Apache modules" menu like this: left click the WAMP icon, click Apache, click "Apache modules"

A long list of modules will be displayed. Make sure the ones your applications need are checked ("validated"winking smiley - you can only change one module at a time, you have to go back to the WAMP icon. That's simply because all menus work like that - you can only select one item at a time. Just start over with the WAMP icon and get all of the APache modules you needed "checked" ("validated"winking smiley.

He he said:

"So you put Wampserver in the initial state after installation and you see if it works, then:"

He meant to either undo any and all changes you made to any files installed by WAMP, Appache files or such, which you you changed, OR Un-install WAMP and install the latest version and start over from there.

If you find instructions for an application that tell you to make Apache modifications, don't make them unless you are ABSOLUTELY sure they need to be made at the configuration file level and can't be done via the WAMP menus.

For changes like making sure particular Apache modules are loaded at startup - you can check and modify that through the WAMP menus.

There are far too many places on the web where someone says "do this and this to install a program" and they have no idea how limited their knowledge of the program and the server configuration, etc. is.

They will tell you how to do something but they don't know enough to convey to you when you need to do a particular step and when you don't need to do it or when you should not do it.

Get WAMP back to where it was right after you installed it, before you changed anything.

The follow the native install instructions for processmaker (I assume that is ProcessMaker???) and not make any changes to anything in configuration files - files that aren't a direct part of ProcessMaker.

If you need a particular Apache module or setting, use the WAMP menu to make the changes.

I doubt an application needs any Apache configuration settings that are not preset in WAMP. I could be wrong but WAMP appears to be configured to handle just about any application. If changes are needed for a particular applications, I think you would find those changes would also be needed on hosting company server and I doubt the company would make the change for you.

Thus, most programs don't use unusual features or settings that are not common place in server common configurations.

Don't blindly take someone's word for how you do something if it requires modifying things like server software packages and configuration files - they may be simply telling you what they had to do with a particular version of a product, under a particular version of something like WAMP, when they don't fully understand the requirements, what is available in new things (like newer WAMP versions) and don't understand that what they are telling you applies to a very small set of circumstances.

I see this sort of thing all the time. You follow someone's steps and they don't work.

I've see a lot of program code - JavaScript, PHP, etc-posted saying that it does such and such and it doesn't even begin to work properly without major modifications. Remember, anyone can make a web site and start posting "wisdom." There are very few truly wise people in the world, including in the computing world.

Follow the basic instructions for installing ProcessMaker on a server - any server, whether it be on a hosting companies server or a local installation of WAMP.

There should not be any changes you need to make to Apache that you can't do through the WAMP menus.

After you have your application installed, go make virtual host for them - using the WAMP 3 automated process.

Go to my long reply to this post -> [forum.wampserver.com]

Scroll down and look for:

"If you are running WAMP 3, you can make a virtual host very easily. Go to this post and read it [forum.wampserver.com]

Here are the steps described differently:"

Follow those instructions to make virtual hosts for your sites. You should be running the latest version of WAMP, at least some level 3 version. If not, un-install the older version and install the new version.

The original instructions for making virtual hosts are at [forum.wampserver.com]

But remember, the were written by a native French speaker using English as a 2nd, 3rd, or who knows how many languages they know.

I do know that we in the USA are severely hampered by not learning foreign languages - more than one - early on in childhood when children can soak up languages like dry sponges.

I have one great- niece, 8 years old, who has just about mastered Spanish. Another great niece is about 2 1/2 years old and she easily communications with others in Spanish.

I have not children, but if I did, they would have learned multiple languages as children. They would need them in today's world.

So cut Otomatic and others a bit of slack and carefully read what they post - technically they know it all - but they may make some very small mistakes in their use of English, here and there.

Take more time to understand what they mean - if you can't understand it fully, ask them to restate it.

They know of what they speak, it's just that occasionally they mentally translate a French phrase or word to one we are not use to using in a particular context.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.