install wamp 64 on win7 not working
Posted by: glennr1 (---.unipointsoftware.com)
Date: June 26, 2014 05:22PM

win7 64 it os
installed wamp 64 bit
clicked on restart all services (it never comes back with a status message not sure if its supposed to)
typed localhost in my browser and get a 404 message
clicked test port 80 command and get your port 80 is acutally used by: server: microsoft-httpapi/2.0
uninstalled iis and restarted computer
clicked test port 80 command and get your port 80 is acutally used by: server: microsoft-httpapi/2.0
tried to install apatche and get your port 80 is acutally used by: server: microsoft-httpapi/2.0

followed instructions to change port 80 but httpd.conf file is one large block of text, i don't find a lone 'listen 80' anywhere I find several entries ##Listen 12.34.56.78:80Listen 0.0.0.0:100Listen [::0]:80## Dyna very confused about where to change port #

system tray icon is yellow

i also did a netstat and 0.0.0.0:80 listing pid:4 but when i got to task manager services tab I don't see pid 4 listed.

please help me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2014 05:35PM by glennr1.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: install wamp 64 on win7 not working
Date: June 26, 2014 05:42PM

i came across this article and disabled the web deployment agent service
ran the test port 80 and nothing is running on that port now
tried to restart all services and icon is still yellow
[www.ferolen.com]
is there some exception log or something that would tell me whats wrong?

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: June 26, 2014 07:52PM

There are lots of bits to IIS that can get in the way.

If you are not intending to use it you can uninstall it, it is not an integral part of windows so its being uninstalled wont effect normal operations of windows, and if you need to install it again later, it comes as part of the standard OS so you wont need to do anything perticularly clever.

So go to Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features
Click the 'Turn windows features on and off' link in the left hand menu.
Wait for the list to load and then find 'Internet Information Services'

Un check the check boxes for the following items ( you may not see all of them )

1. IIS
2. Web Deploy 2.0
3. MS Sql Server Reporting service.
4. BranchCache ( Windows 8.1 )

List of possible service names
http://blogs.technet.com/b/fort_sql/archive/2010/05/31/list-of-sql-server-service-names.aspx

Tutorial on how to find what ports are in use on your system and what app is using them
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/bgroth/archive/2004/11/11/256190.aspx

Windows will then have a think for a while and then remove those applications, you will probably be asked to reboot to complete the uninstalls.
Reboot anyway when the uninstalls are complete.

Then try wamp again.

Alternativeley just disable it.

Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services

Find IIS in the list of services.
Left Click that line and select Properties
Change the 'Startup Type' to disabled.

You may need to tdo this to MS Sql Server Reporting as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: June 26, 2014 09:40PM

something to do with the 64-bit version
i uninstalled it and installed the 32-bit version and wammo it worked right out of the gate

Posted by: t1m0thyb (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: June 27, 2014 08:03AM

I had a very similar problem stemming from WIN IIS also.. To resolve it this is what I did..

Go to programs and features I am sure you know where that is, Click Turn windows features on or off, After list populates look for Internet Information Services click the plus sign to the left of that and in the sub directory uncheck both FTP server and Web Management Tools. Also uncheck Internet Information Services Hostable Web Core, Then restart your machine. When your system Is fully booted up, click wampserver tray icon and start all services. The wampserver Icon should cycle red/orange/then green. Once it turns green click it again and put server online. You should be good from there. I hope this helps you it worked for me.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 6.1 Build 7601

wampserver 64 Version 2.5

Apache Version 2.4.9

MySql Version 5.6.17

PHP Version 5.5.12

If at once you don't succeed, Try Google the answer is out there....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2014 08:09AM by t1m0thyb.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: June 27, 2014 10:48AM

Yes, for some strange reason the default install of Windows seems to install IIS. I thought it was only Windows 8 but it appears to be some Windows 7 releases as well.

I have no idea why your average user would want this installed as 99% of windows users would not know what a web server was, and 99.9% would have no idea how to use it.

Also I would consider having an unknown web server on my desktop system, which would appear to be turned on as its using port 80, to be a HUGH security risk. After all if you dont know its there until you install something else that tries to use port 80, how are you going to make sure its secure?

In my opinion it should be uninstalled asap unless you are using it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.